Easy Meringue Kiss Recipe
Learn our easy meringue kiss recipe! Homemade, they are especially delicious as they have a crackling crust and a soft, gooey inside. Meringues are rather dried in the oven than baked, so it’s best to keep the temperature low. They are a delicious treat and also make a lovely gift.
You can download the printable recipe card at the end of this blog post.
Meringue kisses are a perfect addition to any dessert table.The basic meringue can be easily transformed into a variety of colours and shapes. For our Vintage Rose dessert table, we chose to prepare little tuffs in white and soft pink.
Meringue Kiss Recipe
Allow the meringue kisses to dry in the oven on low temperature and watch them closely so they don’t darken too much.
Prep Time: 45 min
Baking Time: 1.5 hrs – 2 hrs. Start checking the meringues after 1.5 hrs.
Servings: 60 to 80 meringue kiss
Temperature: 130°C / 250°F / Gas Mark 1/2
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 150 g (¾ cup) granulated sugar
- gel paste food colour (optional)
- kitchen scale or measuring cups and spoons
- hand-held or stand mixer with the whisk attachment
- large mixing bowl
- disposable piping (pastry) bag
- large open star tube (tip/nozzle) (e.g. Ateco 827, Wilton 1M, JEM 1M)
- wax (greaseproof) paper or baking (parchment) paper or a non-stick baking mat
- baking tray (sheet)
- cooling rack
- Preheat the oven to 130°C (250°F / Gas Mark 1/2). Whip the egg whites, salt and cream of tartar on medium high speed until soft peaks form. Continue to beat and add the sugar, 1 tbsp at a time. Let the mixture beat on high speed until the sugar has completely dissolved and the meringue looks glossy with stiff peaks. This usually takes between 7 to 10 min. If desired, colour the meringue with gel paste food colour.
2. Fill the mixture into a piping bag fitted with a star tip nozzle and pipe little rosettes.
3. Bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours until the meringues are dry. ) Let the meringue kisses cool for 15 min, then place them on a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- To make sure that the bowl and mixer are completely clean and
fat-free, rub the inside of the mixing bowl and the mixing attachments
with a slice of lemon or vinegar.
- If you don’t have two star tubes (tips/nozzles), pipe the meringue in
- To make the meringue kisses even more appealing, tip the bottom
of each into melted chocolate or sandwich them with raspberry preserve.
Stored in airtight containers at room temperature, meringue kisses
will keep fresh for up to two weeks.
Materials: egg whites, meringue
Click on the button to download the printable recipe card.
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks so much for visiting the Cottage Blog. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
Country Hill Cottage
Share this post