Savor the season with a homemade iced pumpkin spice latte! Pumpkin iced coffee is made with real pumpkin, warming spices, and a splash of maple syrup for natural sweetness. This iced pumpkin spice latte recipe is easy and ready in less than 5 minutes!
Homemade iced pumpkin spice latte
I’m so excited to share my easy method for how to make an iced pumpkin spice latte at home. Pumpkin iced coffee is the perfect way to start fall mornings. Even though autumn days are chilly here in Ireland, it’s never a bad time to enjoy this quintessential fall drink.
I’ve always loved iced latte. And when you add real pumpkin and warming spices to the mix? You get creamy, rich, sweet, a little spicy, and overall perfection. Plus, making your own is healthier and so much cheaper than buying it at a coffee shop, especially if you have a daily habit.
What is pumpkin spice iced latte?
An iced pumpkin spice latte is a creamy and sweet cold coffee drink popularized by Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. In this recipe, we’re combining espresso or cold brew, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup for an easy at-home version. It’s so yummy and crave-worthy!
If you prefer a coffee-free pumpkin spice latte, try Cyna’s pumpkin milk. It’s dreamy, creamy, and made without coffee or caffeine.
Why you’ll love this pumpkin iced coffee recipe
- Delicious taste: This drink combines rich coffee, maple syrup, and a good helping of pumpkin pie spice for an aromatic fall drink. It has the right amount of sweetness, so you don’t lose out on the actual heroes of the recipe, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Easy: DIY pumpkin spice latte is one of the easiest drinks you can create.
- Quick: As long as you have ice cubes on hand, this iced latte recipe takes just 3 minutes.
Iced pumpkin spice latte ingredients
Like fancy coffee drinks? Then this iced pumpkin spice latte is the perfect drink choice! Besides ice, it takes just 6 pantry staples to make. The ingredient amounts are in the recipe card below.
- Milk: I like full-fat milk for the best texture and flavor, but skimmed is fine, too. Dairy and non-dairy milk (e.g., almond milk) work great.
- Coffee: You can use your favorite espresso, double-strength coffee, or cold brew. Just make sure it’s cold or room temperature, so the ice doesn’t melt so fast.
- Pumpkin puree adds a natural pumpkin flavor. Be sure you’re using pure pumpkin puree or canned pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling, which comes pre-spiced.
- Pumpkin pie spice: A big dose of pumpkin pie spice adds fall flavor to each and every sip. I use my homemade spice blend, but store-bought pumpkin pie spice will do too.
- Maple syrup is my favorite to sweeten pumpkin spice iced coffee because it adds depth and a subtle caramel note. Clear honey is a good substitute for maple syrup if preferred.
- Vanilla extract (optional) adds warmth and richness.
- Ice: You can’t have iced latte without ice! Ice cubes or nugget ice are best. Crushed ice will result in a slushy-type drink if that is what you’re after.
How to make iced pumpkin coffee
Never made iced pumpkin spice latte? It’s super simple and takes less than 5 minutes. A quick blitz in the blender, and you got yourself a delicious, chilled fall drink. Follow these easy steps:
- Add milk, coffee, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a tall glass jar. Using a stick blender, combine the liquids until the milk starts to froth and you see bubbles at the top. Use small bursts to avoid spills.
- Alternatively, add all ingredients into a blender and process on high for 1 to 2 minutes until well combined.
- You can also whisk everything together by hand.
- Fill two tall glasses with ice cubes. Divide the pumpkin latte between the two prepared glasses.
- You can optionally garnish your iced pumpkin coffee with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- As you can see in the photos, I simply decorated my iced PSL with a dash of pumpkin spice and skipped the whipped topping. Still so delicious!
- Add a straw and serve immediately. I like these reusable gold metal straws. Enjoy!
How to get pumpkin puree to dissolve completely
The key to getting iced PLS without flecks of pumpkin is to blend the puree and the other ingredients with an immersion blender or high powdered blender. You can also vigorously whisk everything together to disperse the pumpkin.
After a while, you might see the pumpkin reappearing at the bottom of the glass. Just give your iced drink a quick stir to redistribute it again. Also, there are worse things than having tiny orange dots in your latte, so don’t worry about it.
How to store iced pumpkin spice latte
Store leftovers without ice in a tightly closed glass jar or pitcher with a cap in the fridge. Separation occurs naturally if you’re using pumpkin puree.
I don’t recommend storing the drink once you have poured the latte over the ice. The ice cubes will melt eventually and water down the drink, which isn’t desirable.
How long is pumpkin spice latte good?
The fall latte will last for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Can you make pumpkin spice iced coffee ahead?
Yes, it’s possible to prepare this recipe ahead of time.
- Blend the iced pumpkin coffee as instructed in step 1 of the recipe.
- Then transfer the liquid into a tall mason jar and seal the jar tightly. Store refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- When it’s time to serve, give the drink a quick stir and pour over ice.
You cannot subsist on iced coffee alone, right? Try one of these treats alongside your pumpkin spice iced coffee:
- Pumpkin Muffins
- White Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cookies
- Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- Pecan Tartlets
- Pumpkin Scones from the Flavor Bender
- 1 1/2 cups / 350 ml / 12 fl oz unsweetened milk of your choice (can be dairy or a dairy-free milk alternative)
- 3/4 cup / 120 ml / 4 fl oz cold brew, strongly brewed coffee, or 2 shots espresso (make sure the coffee is cold or at room temperature)
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin (or more for a stronger flavor)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or more according to your taste (can sub for clear honey)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- Blend. Add milk, coffee, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and vanilla extract into a tall glass jar. Using a stick blender, combine the liquids until the milk starts to froth and you see bubbles at the top. Use small bursts to avoid spills.
Alternatively, add all ingredients into a blender and process on high for 1 to 2 minutes until well combined.
You can also whisk everything together by hand.
- Assemble. Fill two tall glasses with ice cubes. Divide the pumpkin latte between the two prepared glasses.
- Garnish. You can optionally garnish your iced pumpkin coffee with whipped cream, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
- Serve. Add a straw and serve immediately. Enjoy!
How to make cold brew coffee
While you can use regular filtered coffee or espresso, cold brewed is another tasty option. To create your own homemade cold brew, follow these instructions:
- Combine 1/4 lb / 115 g / 4 oz finely ground coffee beans and 6 cups / 1.4 l / 48 fl oz filtered water.
- Let the mixture soak for 12 hours or longer.
- Line a fine-mesh sieve with a coffee filter and strain the cold brew coffee. Discard
the coffee grounds.
- Store the liquid in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Homemade pumpkin pie spice
It’s super simple to whip up a batch of pumpkin pie spice in case you don’t have it at hand. Simply blend together the following spices:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 99Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 6g
FAQ & recipe tips
What is the best pumpkin for iced latte?
Be sure to use pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. You can make your own homemade pumpkin puree or buy canned pumpkin.
Can I make this pumpkin spice latte recipe without pumpkin puree?
Of course! If you don’t have or like pumpkin puree, simply omit it from the recipe. The spices make this coffee drink still aromatic and flavorful.
Can I use other spices?
Sure! The best substitute for pumpkin pie spice is ground cinnamon.
How do I make dairy-free pumpkin spice latte?
Easy! Simply use your favorite non-dairy milk to prepare the recipe, and you have a vegan pumpkin spice latte. Unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, or a combination of almond milk and coconut milk are great options.
How to make sugar-free iced pumpkin spice latte?
If you need this drink to be low carb and keto-friendly, replace the maple syrup with sugar-free simple syrup and use unsweetened almond milk for the milk portion of the recipe.
Iced pumpkin spice latte nutrition
My recipe has 99 calories per serving, 10 carb, of which 9 g are sugar, 4 g fat, 6 g protein.