Our Itsy Bitsy Spider Halloween series continues with refreshing black widow lemonade, aka iced blackberry pomegranate lemonade. This beautiful drink is really easy to make.
Easy Halloween lemonade recipe
Firstly, cook a delicious blackberry sauce and pomegranate infusion (pomegranate fruit tea). Then layer both liquids with ample amounts of crushed ice in tall tumbler glasses, which creates a stunning ombré effect ranging from black to red.
I also threw a few frozen blackberries in to increase the creep factor. The lemonade is more on the sweeter side. Just double the amount of lemon juice if you prefer a little more zest.
You can apply printable stickers from our Halloween collection to decorate the glasses. This a great drink to serve at a Halloween get-together and enjoy with your friends. And since this lemonade is so, so good, I’ll continue making it all year long.
For the blackberry sauce
- 300 g (10.5 oz) blackberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100 g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
For the lemonade
- 4 – 5 pomegranate tea bags or ready-made pomegranate tea
- ice nuggets (pellets) or small ice cubes
- 12 – 18 frozen blackberries
- 6 tall tumbler glasses
- paper straws
- Cook the blackberry sauce. Put the blackberries, sugar, and lemon juice into a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved and the liquid is slightly syrupy. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a jug or bowl. Discard the solids. Place in refrigerator to cool for one to two hours.
- Brew the pomegranate infusion. Brew 1 litre (4 cups) pomegranate tea according to the manufacture’s instructions and let cool completely. Alternatively, use ready-to-drink fruit tea from the store.
- Serve the black widow lemonade. Attach Halloween stickers to 6 tall tumbler glasses. Spoon 4 to 5 tablespoon blackberry sauce into a glass. The fill the tumbler with crushed ice and 2 to 3 frozen blackberries and pour the pomegranate infusion over the ice. Garnish with a paper straw and serve immediately.