These yummy chocolate chip lemon curd sandwich cookies will bring out the sunshine in your kitchen! White chocolate chips and refreshing citrus curd make perfect partners, and for the dough, we skipped the eggs entirely and only used homemade lemon curd instead.
If you’re short on time, simply use store bought curd, we promise we won’t tell. You can savor the cookies on their own or pep them up with an extra layer of lemon curd sandwiched between two cookies. We’ve also created cute printable cookie wrappers that you can download at the end of this post – that is of course if you have any cookies left to give away!
Want more scrumptious cookie and biscuit recipes? Of course you do! Click on the links below for sweet and crumbly goodness:
- Meringue Kiss
- Oreo Nutella Bites
- Bad Bat Biscuits
- Lemon Shortbread Stars
- Homemade Cookie Butter
- Raspberry Chocolate Whoopie Pies
- Lavender Cookies
- Strawberry Rose Meltaways
The chocolate chip lemon curd sandwich cookies have golden brown edges and a chewy, lemony center.
Shelf life and storage
Keep the sandwiched cookies in an airtight container in the fridge and consume within 5 days. You can store Unfilled cookies in the freezer for up to a month.
- 115 g (1 stick / ½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200 g (1 cup) light brown or muscovado sugar, packed
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp lemon curd + extra for filling
- 220 g (1 3/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 180 g (1 cup / 6 oz) white chocolate chips plus some extra for decorating
- Prep work. Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F / gas mark 4). Line two baking trays (sheets) with greaseproof (wax) paper, baking (parchment) paper or silicone baking mats.
- Mix the cookie dough. In a large mixing bowl cream together the butter, sugar, vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract, and salt until light and fluffy. Add the lemon curd and beat until smooth. Sift the flour and baking powder on top of the butter sugar mixture. Stir until well blended and fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies. Drop 2 tablespoon – sized balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking trays (sheets). Flatten the tops slightly with your palm, and bake for 12 – 14minutes, until the edges of the cookies turn golden brown. Take the cookies out of the oven.
- Add extra chocolate chips and let cookies cool. Once removed from the oven and while the cookies are still soft, carefully press white chocolate chips in the freshly baked cookies. Set aside for 10 minutes, then transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool for 2 hours.
Info: White chocolate sometimes bake brown, so we add extra chocolate chips after baking. This step is optional, and you can skip it if preferred.
- Assemble the cookies. After the cookies have come to room temperature, spread 1 – 2 tbsp lemon curd on a cookie and sandwich with another cookie on top.