Learn how to make 6 floral autumn diffuser blends with essential oils! Flower scents and fall fragrances? Yes, please! These seasonal essential oil blends will be among your favourite diffuser blend recipes for fall and are perfect to make your home smell like fall the natural way.
Plus, learn how to make a DIY reed diffuser to fragrance your home naturally and safely. The instructions include free printable labels so you can gift your homemade reed diffuser.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Floral fall diffuser blend recipes
Have you ever wondered how to use floral essential oils in fall diffuser blends? I love flower essential oils year-round. And after sharing 6 essential oil recipes for fall last week, I thought why not expand on these essential oils for home fragrance and make floral essential oil fragrance blends for fall too? I enjoy flower essential oils a lot in spring and summer but couldn’t find any floral autumn essential oil diffuser blends. So I made my own fall scent essential oil blends.
Using essential oils for diffusing has many aromatherapy benefits and can provide relaxation and stress relieve, help to regain focus or lift your mood. And essential oil blends are great for natural home deodorizing, too. No need to buy expensive air fresheners, which are often loaded with potentially harmful synthetic fragrances. So follow along we as learn how to make essential oil blends for the diffuser.
6 Floral autumn diffuser blends – Easy essential oil recipes for the diffuser
My floral autumn diffuser blends with essential oils may be simple, but the fragrances are complex and oh-so-wonderful. While we usually don’t associate flowery scents with fall, the floral scents pair nicely with warm autumn smells, like cinnamon, cardamom, or ginger. The essential oil recipes have everything you could want in a fall diffuser blend. Here are our 6 floral autumn diffuser blend recipes:
1) Fall Bouquet
This soft, floral homemade diffuser blend is made with geranium and rhododendron essential oil and enriched with energizing spices. Smells just like a lovely autumn flower bouquet!
2) Spiced Rose
Spiced rose is a sensual combination of rose absolute and warm spices. Rose is one of the essential oils that smell good with cinnamon – a sweet and spicy essential oil blend and a must-try for all rose lovers! And check here for more cinnamon essential oil diffuser recipes.
3) Golden Honey Flower
Ylang ylang and sandalwood make for a sweet, honey-like scent. Add cinnamon and ginger and you have a rich and warm diffuser blend for fall. If you’re looking for essential oil blends with ylang ylang, this is the recipe for you!
4) October Meadow
The soft, rosy fragrance of palmarosa essential oil is the star in this airy and soothing and cozy diffuser blend that will lift your mood on grey and rainy autumn days.
5) Autumn Dew
Autumn Dew is a refreshing, citrus-infused autumn diffuser blend that will wake you up in the morning and energise you throughout the day.
6) Cosy Fall Nights
This sweet, relaxing fall diffuser blend is based on lavandin and vanilla oleoresin with a hint of spicy and woodsy undertones. The perfect blend to relieve stress, promote sleep and enjoy chilly autumn nights.
How do I blend essential oils? Best essential oils for home fragrance
Creating your own essential oil diffuser blends is a great way to deodorize your home naturally and enjoy the aromatherapy benefits of essential oils. You can mix and match the scents according to your mood, the season or time of the day.
Blending essential oils is a skill that everyone can learn. But which essential oils blend well together? While there are some rules on how to blend essential oils, it all comes down to your personal preferences and creativity. So think of my recipes as a starting point and embark on your own essential oil journey.
Tips to to make the best smelling essential oil blends
Here are a few tips that will help you to make floral essential oil blend recipes at home:
- Always start with one drop of each essential oil you want to use and keep gradually adding more until you like the floral essential oil blend.
- Go easy on the spicy essential oils. They are pretty strong and can easily overpower the floral scents if too much is used.
- When mixing oils, write down how many drops you used in each blend and how you liked it, so you have notes to references back to in the future.
- When testing a lot of essential oil blends, smell coffee beans or ground coffee. The smell of coffee neutralises the EOs you smelled before, and you will be able to detect the distinct aromas again.
- And finally, don’t use these aromatherapy essential oil blends on the skin. These fall essential oil diffuser blend recipes are intended for aromatherapy and home fragrance. Some oils are very potent and can be irritating for the skin. You can always browse my beauty recipes to find homemade fall skincare products with essential oils.
Quick homemade gift idea: DIY reed diffuser
The floral autumn diffuser blends can be used in an electronic, ultrasonic or humidifier-type diffuser, DIY room sprays, candles, wax melts, or scented sachets. Another fun option is to make DIY reed diffusers in mini milk bottles. Reed diffusers are a great homemade gift idea that essential oil lovers and scented candle addicts will appreciate. I borrowed this concept from my vanilla rose reed diffusers, and you can download the printable labels at the end of the post.
How to make a DIY reed diffuser with essential oils
So, let me share a few tips for how to make DIY reed diffusers:
- Use a vessel with a narrow opening. A small opening ensures that the scent evaporates slowly over time. The container should be made of glass or ceramic. I used small glass milk bottles with caps so I can close the containers and gift them to friends.
- It’s best to use rattan reeds specifically meant for diffusers as they are best for dispersing the fragrance. Ideally, the sticks should be double in height as the container or at least be long enough to stick over the rim of the container.
- I used sweet almond oil as a base oil for the diffuser. Oil takes much longer to evaporate than diffuser made with a water-and-alcohol base. Other carrier oils, such as safflower oil, soybean oil, or fractionated coconut oil, are great alternatives for sweet almond oil. Just make sure the oil is neutral and doesn’t have a strong smell (as olive oil has for example.)
- Choose only essential oils of the highest quality with 100% concentration. You can find the essential oils for fall diffuser in my Amazon shop.
- The essential oil amounts stated are above are meant for electronic diffusers. For DIY reed diffusers, use 12 to 25 drops per 50 ml carrier oil.
More DIY home fragrance projects
If you can get enough of these floral diffuser blends for fall, don’t worry. I have more DIY autumn home fragrance ideas to share with you. Take a look at these natural home fragrance with essential oil DIYs to try:
- 6 essential oil blends for fall – These beautiful essential oil blends include autumn favourites such as pumpkin spice, apple pie or sweater weather and more essential oil combinations for diffuser.
- pumpkin spices scented candles – These pumpkin spice scented candles are pretty to look at and smell even better! A must for pumpkin spice season.
- pumpkin spice wax melts – Cute soy wax melts and more pumpkin spice… oh my!
- fall stovetop potpourri – So quick and easy to do, your home will smell like warm apple pie!
Printable Fall Reed Diffuser
Tab or click the button to download your free printable reed diffuser label.
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.