Learn how to make your home smell like autumn with 6 seasonal essential oil blends for fall! Autumn essential oils provide cosy fall fragrances and natural scents that you can enjoy all season long – without synthetic fragrances and toxins. These fall essential oil diffuser blends are easy and quick to mix. Plus, you’ll also learn tips for how to make your own DIY essential oil blends at home.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Fall essential oil diffuser blends
With the first day of autumn just around the corner, I’m going to share 6 seasonal essential oil blends with you. These fall essential oils will bring the signature seasonal scent into your home. We use cinnamon, nutmeg and clove to create those distinctive autumn aromas. So let’s learn about natural ways to add fragrance to your home!
6 DIY essential oil blends for fall
My essential oil blends for fall are very fragrant and reminiscent of your fall favourites: pumpkin spice, apple pie, crunchy autumn leaves, crisp fall air, cosy sweaters and sunny walks in the woods. These seasonal essential oil blend recipes are perfect for diffusing and DIY home fragrance projects from now until Christmas.
1) Pumpkin Spice Diffuser Blend
2) Apple Pie Diffuser – Warm essential oil scents
3) Fall Forrest – A relaxing fall diffuser blend
4) Autumn Leaves – A wonderful fall scent essential oil blend
5) Crisp Air
6) Sweater Weather – A cozy diffuser blend
The best essential oils for autumn
What essential oils are good for fall? When we talk home fragrance, spice essential oils, such as cinnamon or clove, and conifer essential oils will set the mood and give your home an inviting autumn scent. Now that we know 6 wonderful fall essential oil blend recipes, let’s learn more about the aromatherapy benefits of essential oils.
Spice essential oils
Warm fall scents dominate our autumn essential oil blends for the diffuser. After all, what would autumn be without pumpkin spice and apple pie? My DIY essential oil blends have plenty of invigorating fall aromas mingling together.
Comforting cinnamon bark oil is the quintessential fall fragrance and promotes relaxation. The oil’s therapeutic properties are also beneficial to support respiratory health. Cinnamon essential oil recipes have a very welcoming note.
Clove has a strong, spicy aroma that’s revitalizing and stimulating.
Cardamom is a sophisticated fragrance and creates a soothing atmosphere in our fall diffuser recipes.
Conifer essential oils
Warm and woodsy scents are reminiscent of autumnal walks in the woods. Conifer essential oils provide a base note for our autumn essential oil blends and will last the longest.
The balsamic scent of fir essential oil is very refreshing, improves focus and boosts energy.
Like fir, pine oil is a mood-improving and uplifting essential oil, ideal during the darker months of the year.
Cypress eases the change form one season into the other and helps you transition from summer to autumn.
The smell of cedarwood is comforting and calming, a great aid to stress-relief and meditation – perfect when you need essential oils for relaxation.
Citrus essential oils
The refreshing top notes of orange, lemon, and bergamot are popular essential oils in every season of the year. These citrus essential oils bring fruitiness into the mix, think apple cider or baked apples.
The tart scent of lemon oil is energizing, cleansing, and good for mood support.
Joyful sweet orange can help you to focus and provides support in our homemade essential oil blends.
Bergamot fascinates with a complex fragrance ranging from sweet and floral to tangy and citrusy.
I used frankincense and eucalyptus to round out the other fragrances. The soothing scent of frankincense enhances feelings of well-being and calm, while eucalyptus imparts a soft, refreshing aroma in our essential oil blends for autumn.
How can I use these DIY fall essential oil blends?
There are so many ways you can use your homemade autumn blends and enjoy the aromatherapeutic use of essential oils. Use your DIY essential oil blend recipes for fall to fragrance:
- wax melts
- room sprays
Fall essential oil blends for soap?
Can I use these essential oil blends for soap and body products, too? Yes, but you will have to make a few adjustments. Spice-derived essential oils are very potent, and you should use them in a lower concentration than milder essential oils such as lavender.
Cinnamon bark can be irritating, especially on sensitive skin, and should be avoided in soap or DIY beauty products. Use a small amount of cinnamon leaf or cassia instead. And, when introducing your skin to a new EO, do an essential oil patch test first to see how your skin reacts.
For skin-safe fall essential oil blends, have a look at my pumpkin spice bath bombs, this autumn sugar scrub, my pumpkin spice body butter or autumn lip balm.
How to blend essential oils – Customise the essential oil blends for fall
But Irena, I don’t have all of these essential oils. Don’t worry. The beauty of creating your own essential oil diffuser blends at home is that you can adjust each essential oil recipe to your liking. You don’t have to have every oil on my list. Cinnamon bark is a great oil to get you started with fall essential oil blends.
Besides, tastes differ – why would it be any different for smell? While I like the smell of ginger, you may not. My essential oil blend ideas are a starting point to be creative and mix a unique essential oil blend. So let’s talk about how to blend essential oils.
Tips for making fall essential oil diffuser blends
Here are a few tips for making your own autumn essential oil blends:
- Start with 1 drop of every essential oil you want to have in your fall blend.
- Close your eyes and take a sniff. Do you like this combination? Is a scent too strong or too weak?
- Continue to add essential oils, one drop at a time, and smell after each addition.
- Remember that the fragrance blend will be diffused. To get an accurate impression of your essential oil composition, smell the essential oils from a few inches away. Tried too closely, the fragrance might seem overpowering.
Do you enjoy blending essential oils? Let me know your best tips for how to mix essential oil blends, I’d love to hear all about it!
Tools to diffuse essential oil blends for fall
Tap the links below to shop the products used to diffuse fall essential oils.
- essential oils for fall – You can find all essential oils for fall from this article and more in my Amazon shop.
- ultrasonic diffuser – This aroma diffuser is excellent to diffuse your home or workspace safely.
- ceramic essential oil burner – I also love this ceramic essential oil burner. Burning a tea light is so cosy and a fun way to diffuse essential oils at home.
- mini portable diffuser – A mini portable essential oil diffuser is perfect for the office or when you’re on the go.
- diffuser reeds – Rattan diffuser reeds are perfect to fragrance every room in the house.
- glass diffuser bottles – This clear glass diffuser bottles are designed for diffusing essential oils.
- milk glass bottle – Mini milk glass bottles are the container of choice to gift your homemade essential oil diffuser blends.
More DIY home fragrance projects
If you can get enough of these essential oil blends for fall, don’t worry. I have more DIY autumn home fragrance ideas to share with you. Take a look at these natural home fragrance with essential oil DIYs to try:
- Pumpkin spices scented candles – These pumpkin spice scented candles are pretty to look at and smell even better! A must for pumpkin spice season.
- Pumpkin spice wax melts – Cute soy wax melts and more pumpkin spice… oh my!
- Fall Stove Top Potpourri – So quick and easy to do, your home will smell like warm apple pie!
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.