Show off your festive spirit and learn to make an easy and quick jingle bells wreath. This pretty DIY Christmas wreath adds festive touches to your front door, mantle or party décor! You only need a handful of bells, a piece of sturdy wire, ribbon and not more than five minutes to create this beautiful homemade craft holiday wreath. You can use the jingle bells wreath as Christmas door decoration or hang it over your mantel.
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way! 🔔🎶 Watch our quick video tutorial above to see how quick and easy it is to create this festive DIY holiday wreath and subsribe to our YouTube channel for more crafty videos!
What you need to make a jingle bells Christmas wreath
Here’s what you need for a 20-cm / 8-in wreath:
- 42 to 46 3.5 cm / 1 3/8 in jingle bells in gold or another colour (combination) of your choice. I used only shiny and matte gold jingle bell ornaments. Since Jingle bells are available in an amazing collection of shades, you can easily adapt this holiday wreath technique to any colour scheme and make it part of your Christmas home décor. Use metal bells if you want the wreath to jingle and clink.
- 85 cm / 33.5 in sturdy wire. I used round 16-gauge half hard stainless-steel craft wire. This type of wire can be manipulated into a round shape and will keep its form whereas softer wires (so-called dead soft wires, e.g. aluminium wire) won’t hold their shape.
- a red piece of 1.5 cm / 0.6 cm ribbon for hanging the wreath. As the wreath is has a little weight to it, select a sturdy ribbon. Adjust the length of the ribbon according to your needs.
- a 4 cm / 1.6 in red-and-white chequered ribbon to tie a bow
- wire cutter and needle nose pliers
Jingle Bells Wreath
For cute mini versions, use small jingle bells and a thinner wire to create the wreaths. These would look pretty as pedants on presents or Christmas trees.
- 42 – 46 3.5 cm (1 3/8 in) jingle bell ornaments
- 85 cm (33.5 in) sturdy wire
- red ribbon (1.5 cm / 0.6 in wide)
- red-and-white chequered ribbon (4 cm / 1.6 in wide)
- wire cutter
- needle nose pliers
1) Thread the jingle bells
Using needle nose pliers, bend a small loop in one end of the wire. Then thread the wire through the top half-circle eyelets of the jingle bell ornaments. We alternated between pairs of shiny and matte bells. Once all bells are added, slide the flat end of the wire through the looped end and use the pliers to close the wreath. Trim the wire if necessary. Bend with your hands into a round shape.
2) Add a ribbon and bow
Add a piece of ribbon for hanging the wreath and tie a large fluffy bow around at the base of the hanging ribbon.
More DIY Christmas Wreath Ideas
Check out the tutorials below if you want more homemade Christmas wreath ideas! And for even more wreath inspiration, follow our DIY & Flower Wreaths board on Pinterest.
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks so much for visiting the Cottage Blog. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you always get our latest tutorials and videos. It’s free!
Country Hill Cottage