See how to make easy keto cheesecake bites and learn 6 tasty variations of this 5-minute fat bombs recipe. No bake crustless cheesecake balls are a delicious, bite-sized keto snack and irresistible low carb dessert that will satisfy your sweet tooth!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Keto Cheesecake Bites – Easy Keto Cheesecake Balls Recipe
How do you satisfy a sweet tooth on keto? This keto cheesecake bites recipe is the low carb snack you’ve been needing in your life! My fat bombs are a delicious addition to your diet, and it’s only 3 ingredients to make them (plus a few optional ones).
These low carb cheesecake balls are smooth, creamy, and full of flavour. I’m excited to show you how to make fat bombs, all my tips and tricks for preparing and storing homemade cheesecake balls, and the best cream cheese fat bombs variations. This post has everything you need to know!
Before we dive into this easy keto dessert recipe and learn how to make cheesecake bites, let’s talk about what keto fat bombs are and what their purpose is in a low carb diet.
What are fat bombs?
Fat bombs are comparable to energy balls. But instead of being made with high carb ingredients like dates or oats, fat bombs are made with high fat, low carb materials. Fat bombs provide an energy boost and help the body absorb nutrients and vitamins from other foods.
A what is the purpose of a keto fat bomb?
Recent studies have found that high-quality saturated fats, such as coconut oil, butter, peanut butter, cream or cream cheese, can be beneficial for your health and wellbeing – contrary to the widespread belief that all fats are bad (source 1, 2).
Why use fat bombs on keto?
Fat bombs are a healthy low carb snack before a workout, to fight that afternoon slump and promote concentration, or great keto dessert after dinner. Cream cheese fat bombs help to increase fat intake, which is especially useful for beginners of the keto diet. Plus, my cheesecake bites are super easy and so delicious!
Are keto fat bombs good for you?
Yes, keto fat bombs are good for you and beneficial for your diet plan. Low carb cheesecake bites help you stay on track with your diet, allow you to enjoy a sweet treat guilt-free and tackle those sugar cravings.
How many fat bombs can I eat on keto?
Since no-bake cheesecake balls are very filling and rich, enjoy them in moderation. One or two per day usually do the trick to keep you satiated.
Low carb keto cream cheese fat bomb ingredients
Curious what’s in this low carb fat bombs recipe? Crustless keto cheesecake bites are made of a few simple ingredients:
- cream cheese – Use regular, full-fat cream cheese for this recipe. I don’t recommend fat-reduced cream cheese as it won’t hold up well.
- grass-fed butter – The keto cheesecake bites recipes calls for 3 tbsp butter, which is 60 g or 1/4 cup or 1/2 stick. Ideally, use grass-fed butter without any additives. You can also use coconut oil instead of butter or half butter half coconut oil.
- low carb sweetener – A powdered sweetener is best in this keto dessert recipe, e.g. powdered erythritol, powdered monkfruit sweetener, or Swerve Confectioners. A granular sweetener would also work, but the texture will be a little more gritty. I also tried liquid Stevia, but it didn’t provide enough sweetness in my opinion.
This keto snack is basically a 3 ingredient fat bombs recipe. Optionally, you can also add the following 4th ingredient:
- MCT oil – MCT oil enhances the benefits of these 3 ingredient cream cheese fat bombs further. Just don’t add more than 1 tablespoon or the keto cheesecake balls will become quite oily.
Can you eat cream cheese on keto?
Yes, you can eat cream cheese on the ketogenic diet. 1 tablespoon cream cheese has 5 grams of fat but less than 1 gram carbs and protein, making it a great ingredient for easy no-bake cream cheese bites and low carb cream cheese dessert recipes.
Tools to make low carb keto cheesecake bites
Tab or click the links below to shop the products used to make this low carb keto cheesecake bites recipe:
- mixing bowls – I love this set of glass mixing bowls and use it for many keto recipes.
- hand mixer – This hand mixer will give you the smoothest keto cheesecake fat bombs.
- measuring cups and spoons – This set cups and spoons comes in handy to measure out your fat bomb ingredients.
- cookie scoop – A cookie scoop is useful to shape the cheesecake bites.
- cookie sheet – This rimmed cookie sheet/tray is a useful for all baking adventures.
- parchment paper – Parchment/baking paper ensure that the cheesecake balls can be easily removed from the cookie sheet/tray.
How to make cheesecake bites – Easy cheesecake fat bomb recipe
Learning how to make no-bake cheesecake bites barely takes any effort, because it’s just a few easy steps and 5 minutes:
- Place the cream cheese and butter into a medium mixing bowl.
- Let sit on the counter for 15 minutes to soften the ingredients. Alternatively, warm in the microwave for 15 seconds.
- Using an electric mixer, whip until the butter cream cheese mixture is creamy.
- Add the powdered sweetener and any other ingredients. Mix on low until combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion cream cheese fat bombs onto a cookie/baking sheet lined with parchment/baking paper.
- Place in the freezer for 30 to 45 minutes or until set.
- Store the cheesecake fat bombs in a freezer bag or airtight container.
Tips for making the best keto cheesecake bites
- Chill in the refrigerator if the mixture is too soft to form keto fat bombs.
- Use a cookie scoop to make the fat bombs the same size. You can also fill the fat bomb mixture into a silicone mould or ice cube tray.
Cheesecake fat bomb variations
This healthy cheesecake bites recipe couldn’t be easier! Cheesecake fat bombs are incredibly creamy, flavourful, and delicious – just like mini keto cheesecake! They also only take 5 minutes to prep, and this 3 ingredient fat bomb recipe is super customisable. Here are a few ideas:
Low carb vanilla cheesecake bites
Keto vanilla cheesecake bites taste like classic cheesecake, just without the sugar, flour and carbs. I used the seeds from a fresh vanilla bean, but vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste (this product has a small amount of sugar) are also great options to season the vanilla fat bombs.
Keto chocolate cheesecake fat bombs
Made with cocoa powder and sugar-free chocolate chips, keto chocolate cheesecake fat bombs are an excellent snack for chocolate lovers. The fat bomb mixture boasts a rich chocolate cheesecake flavour, and chocolate chips provide a nice crunch.
Peanut butter fat bombs
Wondering how to make keto peanut butter cheesecake fat bombs? Easy! Simply replace the butter with peanut butter and your peanut butter fat bombs will be ready in no time! You can also whisk chocolate chips into the cheesecake bites mixture for an extra decadent low carb dessert.
Matcha keto cheesecake bites
Matcha keto cheesecake bites are probably my favourite fat bombs recipe. The delicate flavour of green tea pairs beautifully with the cream cheese. As an added bonus, matcha contains many healthy antioxidants and nutrients.
Keto blueberry cheesecake bites
Easy keto blueberry cheesecake bites come together quickly. Simply puree the berries in your blender, pour over the cheesecake mixture, freeze and you’ll be enjoying blueberry fat bombs in no time!
Keto raspberry cheesecake fat bombs
For some variation, substitute the blueberries with fresh raspberries or strawberries. Keto raspberry cheesecake fat bombs are a delightful and healthy snack!
How do you store keto cheesecake bites?
Do cheesecake bites need to be refrigerated or frozen? Because cheesecake bites are made with dairy products, the fat bombs must be refrigerated. The best way to store them is in the freezer.
Can you freeze low carb cheesecake fat bombs? What is the shelf life of low carb cheesecake fat bombs?
How long do cheesecake bites last? Cream cheese bites will last for up to a week in the refrigerator. You can also store keto cheesecake bites in the freezer for a month. Frozen fat bombs come in handy when you need a quick and healthy snack recipe.
I like to keep my sugar-free cheesecake balls in reusable freezer bags. You can also put them in these food containers. Put parchment/baking paper between layers so the cheesecake balls don’t stick.
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.