No-Bake cheesecake mousse dessert jars are made with a crunchy cookie crust, followed by a layer of rich and creamy cheesecake mousse, and garnished with berries and mini marshmallows. While this treat looks very elaborate and will impress your guests, it only takes a few minutes to prepare these yummy cheesecake dessert jars. As there is no baking involved you can make the recipe with your kids and let them help to whip up the mousse. No bake cheesecake mousse is perfect for many occasions and can be served after dinner, at parties, for brunch, and dessert tables.
How to make this no-bake cheesecake mousse recipe?
My cheesecake mousse is so incredibly easy to make, and there are many ways to customise the recipe according to your personal taste or the season of the year. Here’s a quick overview of the ingredients that you need:
- For the cookie base, almost any cookie or biscuit you have will work: digestive biscuits, graham crackers, gingersnaps, Biscoff biscuits, or chocolate chip cookies are all great options. I prefer biscuits that aren’t overly sweet as the cheesecake filling is on the sweeter side.
- The mousse is made with cream cheese, icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar and heavy cream. While I personally like to make the cheesecake mousse with low-fat cream cheese, you can make prepare the recipe with both regular and low-fat or light cream cheese. Start with room-temperature cream cheese and soften it with the mixer until it’s creamy. Then gradually add the icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar and vanilla extract and combine until light and fluffy. Whip the cream in a separate bowl until stiff peaks form. Finally, gently fold the whipped cream under the cream cheese mixture. You can either chill the mousse to enjoy later or serve right away.
- There are many, many options to flavour the mousse. Vanilla extract is a tried and true classic. My also family loves it when I add a 1/2 teaspoon lemon or orange essence, which creates a very refreshing aroma. And if you want to adapt the recipe for autumn and winter, you can also add a teaspoon of cinnamon or gingerbread spice and have a festive dessert.
- I love individual sized desserts and used small glass jars for the mousse, which gave me four servings. But that’s obviously going to vary depending on the size of your dishes.
Cute Easter dessert
With Easter being right around the corner, I turned this no-bake cheesecake mousse into a fun Easter dessert. After you fill the jars, use a black non-permanent glass marker to draw on a bunny face. You really don’t have to be an artist, just outline the eyes, mouth and perhaps a cute little nose. Then download the printable bunny ears at the end of this post. Print, cut and apply to the back of the jars. How cute does this look?
I also garnished the dessert pots with cute pastel mini marshmallows and a fresh strawberry. You could also top the dessert with fruit or berry sauce, caramel or chocolate sauce and roasted nuts, the possibilities are endless.
No-Bake Cheesecake Mousse
Prep Time: 20 min
Yields: 4 servings
You can prepare the no-bake cheesecake mousse one day in advance and store in the fridge. Take the dessert out of the refrigerator an hour before serving.
For the cookie base
- 8 digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 20 g (1 1/2 tbsp) butter
For the no-bake cheesecake mousse
- 225 g (8 oz) cream cheese
- 85 g (3/4 cup) icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar
- 360 ml (1 1/2 cups) heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 fresh strawberries
- pastel mini marshmallows
- non-permanent glass marker
- printable bunny ears (download below)
1) Make the cookie base
Crumble the digestive biscuits or graham crackers into a mixing bowl. Melt the butter in the microwave set on low or over the lowest flame on the stovetop. Pour the melted butter over the cookie crumbs and combine. Divide the mixture between 4 small jars or dessert glasses and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes.
2) Make the no-bake cheesecake mousse
Using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, soften the cream cheese until smooth. Mix in the icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar and vanilla extract. Whip the heavy cream in another mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Repeat with another 1/3 of whipped cream. Reserve the last 1/3 for decorating.
3) Assemble the no-bake cheesecake dessert
Take the jars or glasses out of the fridge and spoon the cream cheese mousse on top of the cookie mixture. Finish with a layer of whipped cream. Top each jar with mini marshmallows and a strawberry. It’s best to add the marshmallows close to serving as they will draw moisture from the cream and soften.
4) Decorate the jars
Draw a bunny face onto each jar using a non-permanent glass marker. Print and cut out the printable bunny ears and attach them to the back of jars/glasses with a piece of cling film.
Free Printable Bunny Ears
Click on the button to download your free printable bunny ears and decorate the no-bake cheesecake jars for Easter!
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks so much for visiting the Cottage Blog. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you always get our latest tutorials and videos. It’s free!
Country Hill Cottage