Crisp, golden brown cornflakes-coated turkey chops are a simple and tasty weeknight supper your family will love. Cornflakes create a crunchy crust that deliciously contrasts with the tender turkey chops.
Cornflakes turkey chops
You can put this dish on the table in less than 40 minutes, and most of the ingredients are pantry stables you already have at home. We seasoned the chops with salt and black pepper, but you also add lemon pepper, garlic powder, dried basil or paprika. Serve drizzled with lemon juice and a side of salad, pasta, or rice. Enjoy!
If you want to make a crust without gluten, check out this gluten free fried chicken recipe from Sandy of Fearless Dining.
- 4 (approx. 500 g / 1 lb) boneless turkey chops
- 100 g (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 100 g (4 cups) cornflake cereals
- 1 egg
- 3 egg yolks
- black pepper
- oil for frying
- freshly squeezed lemon juice for serving
- Prep work. Using a fork, stir together the egg and egg yolks in a wide, shallow dish or plate. Place the flour and cornflakes on two separate plates. Generously sprinkle turkey chops with salt and black pepper.
- Coat the turkey chops. Working with one turkey chop at a time, lightly coat each chop in flour and shake off the excess. Then dip the turkey chop in the egg mixture and dredge in cornflakes until completely coated.
- Fry the turkey chops. Heat the oil in a heavy-bottom frying pan or skillet. Fry the chops on high flame for 2 minutes on each side, then reduce the heat to medium and fry until done and golden brown, for approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Place on a plate lined with paper towels, cover with foil and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve. Squeeze lemon juice over the chops and serve hot.