This fizzy and fruity cranberry mocktail with rosemary is a delicious and kid-friendly holiday mocktail recipe that everyone can enjoy. Made with cranberries and naturally sweetened, the non-alcoholic cranberry cocktail is a refreshing vegan drink recipe for dinner parties and casual get-togethers. It’s so delicious and takes only minutes to make!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Cranberry Mocktail – Easy mocktail recipe with cranberry juice
When I shared my gingerbread hot chocolate recipe yesterday, I felt inspired to create another holiday drink recipe. This time it’s a delicious non-alcohol cranberry cocktail. And how gorgeous is this Christmas drink recipe?! I’m head over heels in love with the colour in this cranberry mocktail with rosemary.
A mocktail with cranberry juice is perfect for all those autumn and winter festivities and holidays, like Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, and New Year’s Eve. The mocktail recipe is quick and painless to throw together, making it perfect for family get-togethers and holiday dinners. So add my cranberry citrus mocktail to your Thanksgiving mocktail recipes and holiday drinks collection!
Okay, let’s see what we need for this easy cranberry mocktail recipe!
Cranberry mocktail ingredients
This non-alcoholic seasonal drink is vegan, gluten-free and made with paleo-approved ingredients. The cocktail is based on a delicious cranberry rosemary syrup that is sweet and bright, a little tart with a hint of herbs.
The cranberry syrup is made with the following ingredients:
- cranberries – Fresh or frozen cranberries are both fine. If using frozen, there’s no need to thaw the berries, simply cook the frozen fruits together with other ingredients.
- coconut sugar – I used coconut sugar, but you can also use maple sugar, maple syrup or agave syrup. For sugar-free options see below.
- fresh rosemary – Fresh rosemary lends this simple mocktail recipe a subtle herbaceous aroma. If you don’t have fresh rosemary, use 1 tablespoon dried rosemary instead.
By the way, if you already have a premade cranberry syrup, feel free to use it. That’s one way for cranberry syrup uses.
In addition to the syrup, the following ingredients are needed to make a cranberry fizz mocktail:
- sparkling water – Unflavoured sparkling water gives the non-alcoholic cranberry drink a nice fizz.
- cranberry juice – I made the vegan mocktail recipe with unsweetened cranberry juice and loved the tart flavour. If you prefer a sweeter drink or make the recipe for kids, use naturally sweetened cranberry juice.
- orange juice – Again, use pure, unsweetened orange juice for this orange and cranberry juice cocktail. You can also sub with lemon juice or apple juice to make an apple and cranberry mocktail.
- ice cubes – Ice cubes, ice pebbles, or crushed ice are all okay to use in this cranberry orange drink.
Sugar-free cranberry cocktail without alcohol
Need sugar free mocktail recipes or low sugar mocktails? It’s pretty easy to turn this cranberry sparkler mocktail into a delicious keto-friendly, sugar-free holiday drink recipe. Simply substitute the coconut sugar the Christmas mocktail recipe calls for with a low carb sweetener.
Granular sweeteners, such as erythritol or monkfruit sweetener, or a liquid sweetener, for example, liquid stevia or liquid monkfruit extract, can be used to make this sparkling cranberry mocktail recipe.
When cooking the cranberry rosemary syrup, replace the coconut sugar with the same amount of a granular sweetener. Liquid sweeteners are often highly concentrated, so start with a few drops and gradually add more until you like the sweetness.
If you make a Keto cranberry cocktail, let me know which sweetener you used so I can include the information in the recipe.
Tools and supplies to make and serve this holiday mocktail recipe
Tab or click the links below to see the products used to make this healthy holiday cocktail recipe.
- saucepan – I love the versatility of this saucepan and use it in many recipes.
- cocktail glasses – I served the cocktail in pretty glasses from Ikea, but any long drink glass would be fine.
How to make cranberry mocktail
This fruit punch drink is so refreshing and fruity. And one thing I love about mocktail recipes is that they can be whipped up quickly! Now let’s talk about making this easy mocktail recipe at home.
Here are the easy steps for how to make cranberry mocktail:
- Add the cranberries, coconut sugar, water and rosemary into a medium saucepan.
- Stirring occasionally, bring to a mild simmer and cook for 7 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved and the cranberries have popped.
- Strain the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve and discard the solids.*
- In a pitcher stir together 4 tablespoons cranberry rosemary syrup, cranberry juice and orange juice.
- Add a few ice cubes to 4 glasses and pour the cranberry mix from step 4.
- Fill with sparkling water.
- Optionally, decorate each serving with fresh rosemary and cranberries. Serve immediately.
*I removed the rosemary and swirled the leftover cranberries into yoghurt. They taste almost like cranberry sauce, so don’t throw them away.
Cranberry cocktail with alcohol
This is a delicious alcohol-free cranberry cocktail just the way it’s written, but if you want to add in some alcohol, go for it!
Try this easy cranberry cocktail with any of these ideas:
For the best flavour, add 3 tablespoons / 45 ml / 1.5 oz of hard alcohol to the recipe.
How do you store this mocktail with cranberry juice?
You can store this natural holiday drink without ice cubes in the refrigerator. It will last up to 3 days, so it’s convenient to grab whenever you want some.
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see below the post.