This low carb gluten-free cranberry bliss bars recipe is a delicious and healthy holiday baking idea! The homemade cranberry bars taste just like Starbucks but are dairy-free and without sugar. This cranberry bars recipe is keto, paleo, and clean eating friendly. Plus, iced keto cranberry blondies are a delicious Christmas food gift.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Low carb gluten-free cranberry bliss bars – Sugar-free keto cranberry bars
The holidays are right around the corner, so it makes sense to share this delicious low crab gluten-free cranberry bliss bars recipe with you. This healthy keto cranberry bars recipe is a sugar-, grain- and dairy-free version to the famous Starbucks cranberry bliss bars. The recipe can easily be made paleo, be using a paleo-approved sweetener.
These keto and paleo cranberry bliss bars are a great option to serve at holiday get-togethers because this easy cranberry dessert is also dairy-free and grain-free. The vegan holiday bar recipe is so easy and delicious. I can’t wait for you to try this yummy recipe with cranberries!
What is in Starbucks cranberry bliss bar?
Starbucks cranberry bliss bars consist of a blondie base, enriched with cranberries, orange and ginger, and are topped with a sweet cream cheese frosting, more cranberries and a white chocolate drizzle. Sounds so good, right? Now, let’s see how to make healthy low crab Starbucks copycat cranberry bliss bars.
Healthy gluten-free cranberry bars – Sugar-free low crab holiday baking recipe
My keto gluten-free almond flour cranberry bliss bars with vegan cream cheese frosting are sweet and delicious, but low-carb and sugar-free. I used erythritol, a natural calorie-free sweetener, but you can bake paleo cranberry bliss bars with coconut sugar or maple sugar, too.
The dairy-free cream cheese frosting is made with cashews, cocoa butter and a splash of lemon juice. Vegan cream cheese icing is super creamy and tastes like the real thing. If the holiday bars don’t have to be dairy-free, you can also frost them with your favourite keto cream cheese icing.
I flavoured the blondie bar batter with fresh orange zest and ground ginger. I’ve always been a fan of the cranberry/orange/ginger combo, but of course, you can use other ground spices for seasoning, like cinnamon, cardamom, or cloves. Whatever, you think brings out those delicious holiday flavours!
Are dried cranberries keto?
Can you eat dried cranberries on keto? Fresh cranberries and unsweetened dried cranberries are both suitable for ketogenic and paleo diets. When sharing my fecipe for apple pie energy bites recently, I already talked about how many store-bought cranberries are loaded with refined sugar, and these dried fruits are definitely not keto-approved.
If you’re paleo, make the homemade vegan cranberry bliss bars with these dried cranberries that are sweetened with apple juice. And if you’re following the ketogenic diet, prepare the gluten-free cranberry bliss bars recipe with these unsweetened dried cranberries. They taste pretty tart but adding a few drops liquid stevia provides plenty of sweetness for this holiday baking recipe.
Just put the unsweetened dried cranberries into a mixing bowl and add little liquid stevia. Stir to combine and add more sweetener as needed. Now you have keto-friendly dried cranberries that you can feel good about eating.
How do you make cranberry bliss bars?
This low carb gluten-free cranberry bliss bar recipe is easy to make, yet they look slightly fancy, and the flavours will get you get into the holiday mood. Here are the easy steps to make this healthy keto cranberry bars recipe:
- Soak the cashews. Soak the cashew nuts in warm water for a minimum of 3 to 4 hours, longer is even better.
- Mix the blondie base. To make the blondie batter, stir together the dry ingredients and spices in a large mixing bowl. Add the cranberries, melted coconut oil, eggs and mix to combine.
- Bake the cranberry bliss bars. Transfer the blondie cranberry mixture into a baking pan/tin lined with parchment/baking paper and spread into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Bake for 20 – 30 minutes, or until the crust looks golden brown. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Make the vegan cashew cream cheese frosting. Add all ingredients into a high-speed blender and process until creamy. Reserve a little dairy-free frosting for drizzling.
- Assemble the gluten-free cranberry bliss bars. Spread the cashew cream cheese frosting over the gluten-free blondie and sprinkle with cranberries. Drizzle with extra cream cheese frosting and cut the cranberry dessert into triangles or squares. Enjoy!
How do you store keto gluten-free cranberry bliss bars?
Store iced gluten-free cranberry bliss bars in airtight food containers. This low carb keto holiday baking recipe will last up to 5 days in the refrigerator. Honestly though, I doubt that your paleo cranberry bliss bars will last that long.
Can you freeze low carb cranberry bliss bars?
Yes, you can freeze dairy-free keto cranberry bars. Place the unfrosted bars in a freezer-safe container, putting pieces of parchment/baking paper between layers. Iced cranberry bliss bars should be frozen in a single layer.
When you are ready to serve the cranberry bars, let the keto blondie bars thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Tools and supplies to make the best gluten-free cranberry bliss bars
Tab o click the products below to buy the supplies used to make this low-carb holiday baking recipe:
- glass mixing bowls – This set of mixing bowls comes in three sizes, which is perfect when you need more than one mixing bowl for a recipe.
- baking pan/tin – This 9-in / 22 cm square baking pan/tin is perfect for all sort of bar cookies and cakes, like these gluten-free cranberry bliss bars, almond flour brownies or apple pie bars. The lid makes it easy to store and transport baked goods.
- high-speed blender – I use this blender for many recipes, and it’s perfect for making creamy cashew cream cheese frosting.
- offset spatula – An offset spatula makes it easy to ice the bar cookie with frosting.
These were a HUGE success at Christmas breakfast!! Thanks
I’m so happy to hear that! Thank you for your feedback, Pamela!
Wow, I love these! The combination of cranberry and orange flavours with creamy frosting looks to die for. This is such a perfect recipe for the holiday season.
Thanks a lot, Kyla! Cranberry and orange is a wonderful flavour combination for the holidays.