Sweet and deliciously tart, the cranberry truffle tropical smoothie is a cold and creamy holiday indulgence. The easy cranberry smoothie recipe is made with cranberry juice, strawberries, white chocolate, yogurt, and a secret ingredient that makes it taste like white chocolate truffles.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
What’s in the cranberry truffle smoothie from Tropical Smoothie?
The cranberry truffle smoothie from Tropical Smoothie Café consists of strawberries, cranberry, non-fat yogurt, white chocolate, sugar, and ice.
As much as I enjoy a good hot chocolate, pumpkin spice milk, or eggnog, I love my smoothies too. With this smoothie, you get the best of both worlds: a refreshing smoothie and a decadent holiday drink wrapped into one.
This cranberry truffle smoothie recipe is my favorite holiday smoothie. The combination of tart berry and sweet white chocolate is simply divine.
Add to that some strawberries + yogurt, and you’ll end up with a delicious cranberry smoothie. It’s so good and puts you instantly in the holiday spirit!
Cranberry truffle smoothie
On Reddit, a worker at Tropical Smoothie stated that the smoothie is prepared with 2 scoops white chocolate powder, 2 scoops cranberry concentrate, 1 scoop yogurt, 1 scoop strawberry, 1 scoop sugar, and ice.
This description gives us an idea of the exact ingredients and proportions. Cranberries are very tart, so it’s not surprising to see quite a bit of chocolate powder and sugar.
I’m unsure if they meant frozen cranberry concentrate or concentrated cranberry juice, but concentrated juice is easier to find, so I went with that for my copycat recipe.
For a smoothie with fresh cranberries, try our pomegranate plunge tropical smoothie.
You’ll need only 5 ingredients to make a cranberry truffle smoothie. Stock up on these items because you’ll be mixing this smoothie all winter long. Please check the recipe card below for exact measurements.
- Cranberry juice concentrate is a strong, unsweetened form of cranberry juice. It delivers the best cranberry flavor and comes closest to Tropical Smoothie. You can order cranberry juice concentrate on Amazon and will also find it at Walmart.
- Frozen strawberries infuse the smoothie with a fresh, fruity flavor. I recommend frozen berries instead of fresh so that you don’t have to add ice cubes.
- Yogurt helps to get the right consistency and makes the smoothie creamy. You can use any yogurt you like, Greek yogurt, plain, or vanilla. I prefer non-fat yogurt.
- White chocolate powder is responsible for the truffle portion. It lends the drink a wonderfully rich chocolate flavor and thickens the texture. Use leftovers to make Bahama mama smoothie.
- Sweetened condensed milk provides sweetness to balance the tart cranberry juice. I know this is an odd ingredient for a smoothie. But trust me on this, it gives a milky aroma that is reminiscent of white chocolate truffles.
How to make cranberry truffle tropical smoothie
Cranberry white chocolate smoothie is ready in no time! Once you’ve assembled your ingredients, blend everything together, pour and sip away. It really is that easy!
- Layer ingredients. Put the non-fat yogurt, cranberry juice concentrate, sweetened condensed milk, white chocolate powder, and frozen strawberries into your blender. Your smoothie will blend best if you add the ingredients in that order, starting with the liquids and adding the frozen berries last.
- Blend. Blend until smooth. I like to blend in 1-minute increments and stir in between to see if any fruit chunks are remaining.
- Serve. Pour the smoothie into glasses. Garnish your smoothie with fresh strawberries, cranberries, and white chocolate if desired. Serve with a straw. Enjoy and drink up!
Tips for success
Before you fire up the blender, take a second to read over these tips and tricks. Perfect cranberry tropical smoothie is right around the corner!
- Skip the ice: Ice can make grainy smoothies and dilute the flavor. Instead, opt for frozen strawberries to achieve that nice, rich texture.
- Cold ingredients: Using cold ingredients ensures the smoothie turns out thick and cold. Yogurt is chilled anyway, and I recommend putting the cranberry juice and condensed milk in the fridge for at least 1 hour to cool.
- Adjust the texture: If your cranberry chocolate smoothie is too thin, add more frozen strawberries to help thicken the smoothie right up. And in case the consistency is too thick, add some more yogurt to thin it out.
- Adjust the taste: If you like the smoothie tarter, add more cranberry juice concentrate (1/2 tablespoon at a time). For a sweeter smoothie, increase the amount of sweetened condensed milk (1 tablespoon at a time).
Substitutions & mix-ins
There are many ways you can switch up your cranberry truffle tropical smoothie. Here’s a handy list of possible ingredient substitutions:
- Unsweetened cranberry juice: You can use regular cranberry juice instead of concentrate. Make sure the juice is pure and unsweetened
- Cranberry juice blend: If you prefer a lighter cranberry flavor, use cranberry juice blend, which consists of cranberry juice + other fruit juices like apple or cherry. Juice blends are often sweetened with sugar, so you may have to cut back on the condensed milk.
- Fresh or frozen cranberries: You can also prepare this with fresh or frozen cranberries. It’s great when they are in season. 1/2 cup will do.
- Cranberry sauce: This recipe is great for using leftover cranberry sauce. You need 1/3 cup. I recommend omitting the sweetener because cranberry sauce is usually sweetened.
- Berries: If desired, replace the strawberries with other frozen berries like blueberries or raspberries or use frozen mixed berries.
- Chocolate flavor:Instead of white chocolate, try adding milk or semisweet chocolate powder.
- Sweetener: Feel free to use maple syrup, honey, or agave nectar instead of sweetened condensed milk.
As you can tell from the ingredient list, I kept this smoothie super simple. If you want to customize it a bit, I have some things that you could try:
- Orange: Orange and cranberries are a heavenly pairing. For some citrusy flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest.
- Ginger: A dash of ground ginger adds peppery warmth and zing to the smoothie.
- Protein powder makes the cranberry smoothie more filling. Vanilla or chocolate protein powder are good choices.
- Cacao nibs: Amp up the chocolate flavor. Simply sprinkle some cocoa nibs into your smoothie.
Is cranberry truffle smoothie healthy?
Cranberry juice and strawberries are excellent sources of vitamins and nutrients. They are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins E and C, copper, and manganese.
That being said, the cranberry truffle tropical smoothie isn’t the healthiest smoothie out there because it contains quite ab it of sugar. I consider it a special treat or light dessert rather than breakfast or a snack.
Of course, you can always cut back on the condensed milk and replace the chocolate powder with protein powder to make it healthier.
Store leftovers in an airtight container (like a tightly sealed mason jar) in the refrigerator and consume within 1 to 2 days.
Some separation may happen, but that is easy to fix. Either shake your smoothie or give it a quick blend before drinking.
More smoothie recipes to try
Cranberry truffle tropical smoothie is almost like getting away with eating dessert for breakfast, and no one is judging you. Go ahead and try some of our other delicious smoothie recipes. Good luck trying to pick your favorite!