We’re continuing our Bad Bats series with monochrome Halloween flower pots that will bring a spooky ambience to your home! We use white chrysanthemum, silver dusty miller leaves and grey pillar candles. We’ll explain how to adorn the candles with a pretty wax drip and how to insert them securely in the arrangement. These flower pots look great on a Halloween-themed party table or in a window sill.
More from the Bad Bats Halloween series
If you like Halloween, you’ll love our Bad Bats Halloween series! Click on the links below to discover more fun-filled tutorials and tasty treats!
- Spooky Oreo Milkshake
- Bad Bat Biscuits and Cookie Pops
- Jenny’s Pumpkin Bat Cupcakes
- Swarm of Bats Walldecoration
- Oreo Nutella Bat Bites
Water the Halloween flower pots every other day and remove withered flowers and leaves. Always watch the candle closely while burning and blow the flame out once it reaches the level of the leaves and flowers.
- 16 – 20 white chrysanthemum
- 30 – 40 dusty miller leaves
- floral foam
- sturdy wire
- 2 grey or black pillar candles
- 1 white candle or tea light
- 2 black flower pots (ca. 15 cm/6 in – ca. 10 cm / 4 in)
- florist knife
- wire cutter
- candle lighter
- Decorate the candles. To make the drip, light a small white dinner candle or a tea light and allow for a little wax to melt. Then start making drips along the top edge of a pillar candle, going all around. By constantly turning the candle, you can adjust how thick and long you want the drips to be. We’re using grey candles and make a white drip, but you can, of course, change the colors to your liking.
- Prep the floral foam. Cut floral foam, which has been soaked in lukewarm water for at least 30 minutes, so it will fit into the flower pots and place it in the pots. The foam should sit relatively tightly in the pot so it can hold the candle securely in place. Then add additional water to the pot.
- Arrange the candles. To secure the candle in the arrangement, shorten sturdy wire to a length of 10 cm (4 in). Hold two pieces of wire into the flame of a candle to heat up and then insert them immediately into the bottom of the pillar candle. Now center the candle in the middle of the foam and push it in.
Tip: Use 16 or 18 gauge wire and cut it with wire cutters
- Add dusty miller. Cut the dusty miller leaves and place them in a wreath around the base of the candle. Tip: Wrap a little wire around the stem of the leaves if they seem too soft to be inserted into the floral foam.
- Add the chrysanthemum. Using secateurs, clip the stems of the chrysanthemum to a length of 5 cm to 7 cm (2 in – 3 in) and place them in between the leaves until no more bare spots are showing.