With Halloween around the corner, we’ll share our recipe for Oreo Nutella bat bites! You only need three ingredients, Oreo cookies, Nutella and white candy melts or chocolate, to make these super quick no bake treats. We also came up with a cute gift box, which you can download at the end of this post, to get the bites ready for young Trick-or-Treaters.
- mixing bowl
- microwave-safe bowl
- rubber gloves (optional)
More from the Bad Bats Halloween series
If you like Halloween, you’ll love our Bad Bats Halloween series! Click on the links below to discover more fun-filled tutorials and tasty treats!
- Spooky Oreo Milkshake
- Halloween Flower Pots and Drip Candles
- Bad Bat Biscuits and Cookie Pops
- Swarm of Bats Wall Decoration
Shelf life & storage
The Oreo Nutella bat bites will keep fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for a week or frozen for 3 months.
- 32 Oreos cookies
- 6 – 8 tbsp Nutella
- white candy melts or white chocolate
- Grind the Oreos. Place 2/3 of the Oreo cookies in a blender and pulse until they become fine crumbs. Set four teaspoons of crumbs aside for decorating.
- Make the Oreo-Nutella-Mixture. Add the crumbs and a few tablespoons Nutella into a mixing bowl and combine until the mixture turns into a thick paste. Break the remaining 1/3 of cookies into small bits and incorporate them well. These chunky bits add more texture.
- Form & Chill the bites. Roll tablespoons full of mixture into balls and place them on a baking tray lined with wax paper or baking paper. Set in the fridge to chill for an hour so the bites firm up.
- Coat & Chill the bites. Put the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl and heat in the microwave set to medium-high in 20-second intervals until completely melted. Stir the melts between each interval. It’s a good idea to use a microwave as you can easily re-heat the melts if they become too cool for dipping. To coat the Oreo Nutella bites, dip them in the candy melt mixture using a fork. Return the bites to the baking tray, sprinkle with the remaining crumbs and chill for another 30 minutes.
Tip: If the molten melts seem too thick, thin them down with a little vegetable oil. You can also use white chocolate for step, which will create more of an ivory-colored coat.
- Assemble the box. Print the box on cardstock or photo paper. We also printed the back with the decorative pattern. Cut out the box and fold it along the grey lines. To assemble the box, apply an adhesive to all the flaps that say “Glue” and glue the sides together. Info: What glue to use & paper size. Apply glue to the wings and attach them to the sides of the box, small grey lines indicate where to position the wings. Now our treat box is ready to be filled with bat bites!
Free Printable Recipe & Gift Box
Click on the button to download your free mini eBook. Included are the recipe for the Oreo Nutella bat bites and a free printable gift box.