This week, we continue our apple-themed series with scrumptious applesauce doughnuts. First, we prepare a quick homemade applesauce and show our recipe for soft and chewy baked doughnuts. Then we’ll decorate the doughnuts with a cider glaze, edible leaves and stems. As always, you can find the recipe eBook and the printable favor boxes we use to gift these treats at the end of this post.
More apple goodness
Apples make us happy which is why we have quite a few apple related recipes and DIYs on the blog. Click on the links below an check them out!
- Harvest Fruit Tarts
- Crunchy Apple Crumble
- Salad with Honey Roasted Apples and Beetroot
- 4 Quick & Easy Apple DIYs
- kitchen scale or measuring cups and spoons
- sauce pan
- wooden spoon
- large metal spoon
- large and small mixing bowls
- electric hand-held or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment
- rubber spatula
- 12-hole doughnut tin (pan)
- oven mitt or kitchen towel
- cooling rack
- small rolling pin
- small leaf cutter or rose petal cutter
- Dresden tool
Shelf life & storage
You can keep the applesauce doughnuts in the fridge for up to three days or store undecorated doughnuts in the freezer for a month. Always allow them to come to room temperature so the texture is soft and fluffy.
Free Printable Doughnut Box
Click on the button to download your free printable doughnut box!