This easy cream cheese fruit dip without marshmallow is sweet, creamy, and perfect for dipping your favorite fruits. This quick fruit dip recipe comes together in just 5 minutes and only calls for 3 simple ingredients!
Fruit dip without marshmallow cream
My easy fruit dip without marshmallow is incredibly delicious and the perfect accompaniment to fresh fruit on a fruit platter.
It has the perfect combination of sweet and creamy, and the silky, fluffy texture makes this sweet treat so irresistible!
The recipe calls for just 3 ingredients. You’ll need cream cheese, yogurt, and a splash of honey for added sweetness.
An added benefit is that it comes together in minutes and can be prepared ahead of time, making it a convenient option for gatherings, parties, potlucks, or just a quick snack at home.
Serve the dip with your favorite fresh fruits or even cookies, cake cubes, and mini pretzels for the ultimate fruit dessert!
Who knew something so delicious as this fruit dip without marshmallow can be made with just 3 ingredients? The exact amounts are listed in the recipe card at the end of the post.
- Cream cheese: Use regular full-fat cream cheese for the best flavor and texture. Take the cream cheese out of the fridge to soften on the counter for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Greek yogurt helps cut the heaviness of the cream cheese and introduces a clean, fresh taste to the dip. You can opt for plain yogurt, vanilla yogurt, or flavored yogurt. I love fruit yogurt to emphasize the fruity flavors. Strawberry, blueberry, and cherry are delicious options. The dip you see in the photos was made with mango yogurt.
- Honey adds a kick of sweetness and makes the fruit dip unbelievably good.
How to make fruit dip without marshmallow
Cream cheese fruit dip without marshmallow cream is a simple dessert dip for parties, picnics, or just a delicious snack. Keep the ingredients on hand to whip it up when the craving hits.
1. Mix ingredients
Place the softened cream cheese, yogurt, and honey into a large mixing bowl. Beat until everything is well combined and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. You can do this step with a hand mixer, a food processor, or by hand.
2. Serve fruit dip
Transfer the fruit dip to a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of honey if desired. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Hand with sliced fruit, berries, cookies, and cut-up pound cake. Enjoy!
- Soften the cream cheese: Make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before blending with the other ingredients. Softened cream cheese will result in a lump-free dip and the creamiest consistency. Please see the FAQ section for how to soften cream cheese.
- Mix well: Use a whisk or an electric hand mixer to beat the cream cheese and yogurt together until they are well combined and smooth.
- Add the honey gradually: Add the honey gradually, a little at a time, and mix well after each addition. Add more honey if using plain yogurt or prefer a sweeter dip. By contrast, reduce the honey if your yogurt is already sweetened or you want a less sweet dip.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving: This is completely optional, but chilling the dip before serving allows the flavors to mingle together. Of course, you can serve the dip immediately, the texture will be a little thinner.
- Experiment with different yogurt flavors: You can prepare the dip with any yogurt you like, such as lemon, strawberry, blueberry, vanilla, honey, or mango, depending on your taste preferences.
Variations & substitutions
This sweet fruit dip without marshmallow fluff will be the highlight of your fruit platter. You can even customize the recipe to suit your taste!
- Low-fat cream cheese: You may use low-fat cream cheese for a lighter fruit dip, but I don’t recommend the fat-free.
- Maple syrup is an excellent substitute for honey.
- Vanilla extract: Add 1 to 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract for a lovely aroma.
- Lemon juice: A splash of lemon juice acts as a flavor enhancer for the other ingredients and adds a lovely tang. You can use fresh or bottled lemon juice, but I think fresh tastes much better.
- Maraschino cherry juice gives the dip a pretty pink color and additional fruity flavor. It’s simply the juices from a jar of maraschino cherries.
- Chocolate fruit dip: Mix in 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to give this no-marshmallow fruit dip a chocolate twist.
- Jam it up: Boost the fruit flavor by adding your favorite jam. I love strawberry or blueberry.
- Caramel fruit dip: Stir 3 to 4 tablespoons of caramel sauce into the cream cheese mixture for a caramel spin.
- Add sprinkles: Turn this into a funfetti birthday cake dip by adding ½ cup of rainbow sprinkles and a few drops of almond extract.
What goes with fruit dip?
You really can’t go wrong serving every fresh fruit with this fruit dip without marshmallow cream. The dip enhances their flavor and makes them even more enjoyable to eat.
Our favorites include strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, peaches, pineapples, grapes, apples, raspberries, cherries, kiwi, watermelon, and bananas.
The fruit dip tastes terrific with a lot of different foods. In addition to fresh fruit, try some of these dippables:
- Graham crackers, Oreos, animal crackers, or vanilla wafers
- Cookies such as shortbread, chocolate chip cookies, or biscotti
- Pretzels or potato chips for a sweet and salty combination
- Pound cake, brownies, or angel food cake cubes
- Miniature marshmallows
The options are endless. Get creative and experiment with different combinations to find your favorite pairing with this cream cheese fruit dip without marshmallow!
✱ Prevent fruit from turning brown
I have a few tricks to keep your fruit looking and tasting fresh while it’s sitting on a platter:
- Use a sharp paring knife to cut the fruit. The sharper the blade, the less “damage” occurs.
- Squeeze a lemon over the sliced fruit and toss gently to cover the fruit in lemon juice. The acid from the lemon juice prevents the fruit from browning.
- Alternatively, dip the fruit in ginger ale, another acidic juice (like pineapple or lime juice), or use Fruit-Fresh.
Store fruit dip without marshmallow
Store this fluffy treat in an airtight container and place it in the fridge for 4 to 5 days.
I don’t recommend freezing leftovers because cream cheese isn’t good to freeze and thaw in recipes. The dip is small batch, so it won’t be leftover for long anyway.
Make no marshmallow fruit dip ahead
This delicious fruit dip is perfect to put together a day or two before. It will taste even better since the flavors have time to meld together.
Be sure to store the dip airtight (or cover the bowl with plastic wrap) and keep in the refrigerator until it’s time to serve.
If you notice separation, give the dip a quick stir before serving.
Can this fruit dip recipe be doubled?
Sure! If making it for a party, I do recommend doubling the cream cheese fruit dip without marshmallow fluff. You could even triple the recipe and serve the dip out in portions.
Why Is my no marshmallow fruit dip lumpy?
If you don’t let the cream cheese soften all the way to room temperature, there’s a high chance that it will have lumps.
How do you soften cream cheese for fruit dip?
There are several ways to soften cream cheese and make it easier to work with.
Room temperature: Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator and let it sit on the counter for 30 to 60 minutes. Doing so will soften the cream cheese gradually without becoming too warm.
Microwave: Remove the cream cheese from the packaging and put it in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave it on high for 15 seconds at a time, until it reaches your desired softness. Be careful not to overheat the cream cheese, as the it may become too soft or even melt.
Warm water bath: Take the cream cheese out of the packaging and put it in a sealed plastic bag. Fill a bowl with warm water (not boiling!) and place the bag of cream cheese in the water until it softens (10 to 15 minutes).
What makes fruit dip without marshmallow cream so good?
Minimal prep: 3 ingredient fruit dip without marshmallow cream is so simple to make and requires minimal effort on your part.
No bake: No need to turn on the oven for this easy no-bake dessert!
Delicious: Cream cheese fruit dip without marshmallow fluff pairs perfectly with fresh fruit and many other treats.
Easy to store for later: The dip keeps well in the fridge so that you can enjoy it again and again.
More sweet dip recipes
Want to make more delicious, sweet dip recipes? Then try these easy dip recipes next!
- Condensed Milk Fruit Dip
- Fruit Dip with Powdered Sugar
- Cool Whip Fruit Dip
- Blueberry Cream Cheese
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Pumpkin Dip for Gingersnaps
- Philadelphia Cream Cheese Pumpkin Dip
Did you enjoy this recipe? Give it a 5-star rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ and leave a comment! Appreciate it so much, thank you!
If you had any issues, I’d appreciate the chance to help you troubleshoot before you rate.
- 8 oz / 225 g cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup / 250 g / 8.5 oz Greek yogurt
- 2 to 4 tbsp clear honey
- Mix ingredients. Place the softened cream cheese, yogurt, and honey into a large mixing bowl. Beat until everything is well combined and smooth, about 2 to 3 minutes. You can do this step with a hand mixer, a food processor, or by hand.
- Check the taste and texture. Test the fruit dip and adjust as needed. Increase the honey for a sweeter dip, or stir in more yogurt for a thinner consistency.
- Serve fruit dip. Transfer the fruit dip to a serving bowl and garnish with a drizzle of honey if desired. Serve immediately or keep in the fridge until ready to serve. Hand with sliced fruit, berries, cookies, and cut-up pound cake. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 144Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 0gSugar: 15gProtein: 4g