See how to make the best healthy fruit pizza! The dessert pizza combines layers of gluten-free pizza crust with oats, fluffy coconut yogurt, and juicy fruits. The nutritious recipe is great for dessert, breakfast, and an easy snack for kids. Plus, this quick healthy fruit dessert takes just 20 minutes to make!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Healthy fruit pizza – A healthy fruit dessert recipe for kids (and adults)
My family loves sweet treats, and I love coming up with healthy versions of desserts. My most recent one is a healthy dessert pizza recipe.
Every time I make this healthy fruit pizza, no crumb is left. It’s that good! But before you think it’s going to take an hour to put together, this fresh fruit recipe is quick, easy, and ready in just a few minutes.
My dessert pizza recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and will keep you full and satisfied. Yes, this easy fruit recipe is healthy enough for breakfast or after school snack. And free of added sugar, gluten and dairy.
This easy dessert pizza recipe combines a delicious gluten free dessert pizza crust, velvety vegan coconut yogurt, and of course, sweet and succulent fruits, and a yummy almond butter drizzle. The combination of flavours makes the healthy dessert refreshing, comforting, and nourishing all at once.
Why you will love this healthy dessert pizza recipe
I have a feeling this fruit dessert pizza recipe might become a regular in your house. Here is why you’ll love this healthy dessert:
- delicious + healthy fruit dessert – A healthy dessert recipe that tastes absolutely delicious? This healthy summer dessert checks all the boxes, and your kids and family will love it!
- no added sugar – That’s right the sweetness comes only from the fruits! The pizza isn’t entirely sugar-free though as the fruits and applesauce contain a little sugar naturally.
- gluten-free + vegan – Gluten-free vegan fruit pizza means everyone can enjoy a slice.
- easy + quick – Homemade fruit pizza is ready in no time. 10 minutes and a little mixing is all you need to have this low sugar baking recipe on your table.
- pantry staples – The cold fruit dessert is made with pantry staples you most likely already have at home.
- customisable – This fruit pizza recipe is very customisable, and it’s super easy to swap out ingredients. Just look at the ingredients list below!
This dessert pizza recipe is made with a few simple ingredients. It all starts out with a 3-ingredient gluten-free pizza crust made with quick oats and apple sauce. And then starts the fun part as we top our dessert pizza with yummy goodies!
The crust of our gluten free dessert pizza is made of:
- gluten-free quick oats – Quick-cooking oats are best for this healthy dessert. Rolled oats work too, but the texture of the crust will be coarser.
- applesauce – Applesauce provides natural sweetness and allows us to skip the sugar. You can swap it for another fruit puree.
- coconut oil – Coconut oil is a healthy source of fat and helps to bind the oats pizza crust.
Here are a few fruit pizza topping ideas:
- coconut yoghurt – I used coconut yogurt to make dairy-free fruit pizza. You can also spread on Greek yogurt if not vegan.
- fresh fruit – Use whaterever fresh fruits you have at hand and incorporate seasonal ingredients into this healthy fruit dessert. I used a mix of raspberries, blueberries, apricots, and grapes for a summer fruit pizza.
- almond butter – A creamy almond butter drizzle takes the pizza dessert to the next level. Of course, you can use other nut butters, like hazelnut or peanut butter.
- chopped nuts – For decorations, sprinkle desiccated coconut, chopped nuts, or chocolate nibs over your fruit dessert pizza.
How to make healthy fruit pizza
How do you make a fruit pizza crust from scratch? This healthy dessert pizza recipe is ready in just 20 minutes! Take a look at the easy steps:
- Preheat the oven. Preheat the oven to 350°F / 175°C / gas mark 4. Line a baking sheet/tray with parchment/baking paper.
Tip: If you need a guide to form your pizza crust, trace the outline of a plate on the parchment/baking paper.
- Make the fruit pizza base. Add the rolled oats, melted coconut oil, and applesauce to a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spoon until the ingredients are combined.
- Bake the oats pizza crust. Transfer the mixture on a lined baking sheet/tray. Pat into a 9 in / 22 cm circle and bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Tip: Don’t bake longer than 12 minutes or the crust won’t stay soft like regular pizza crust.
- Prep the fruit. While dessert pizza crust is baking, rinse the fruit and pat gently dry. Cut large fruits into thin slices (e.g. apricots, peaches) and cut smaller fruits in half (e.g. grapes, cherries).
Tip: Gently pat the fruits dry after rinsing. Water on the fruits can soften the pizza bottom.
- Assemble the dessert pizza. Dollop 2 to 3 tablespoons yogurt on the pizza and spread out. Arrange the fruit on top.
- Decorate the fruit dessert pizza. In lieu of a fruit pizza glaze, I drizzled my healthy fruit dessert with almond butter. Simply soften the almond butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then use a teaspoon to drip almond butter over the healthy fresh fruit pizza.
Mini fruit pizza
Instead of preparing a large dessert pizza, you can also opt to bake mini fruit pizza. To do this, simply divide the gluten-free pizza crust into 4 equal portions and form small pizza bases with each. Bake and assemble as instructed.
Mini dessert pizzas are a quick fruit dessert for a crowd, a fun dessert for a pizza party, and an easy fruit dessert for dinner party that will impress your guests. Just don’t tell them how easy it is to whip up my fruit dessert pizza recipe.
Is fruit pizza healthy?
Yes, my fruit pizza recipe is healthy! Think of it as a tasty granola bowl in pizza form. It’s a notorious breakfast and light dessert after dinner. Or enjoy a fruit pizza slice as a healthy snack between meals.
How to keep fruit pizza from getting soggy
How do you keep fruit pizza from getting soggy? Hand to heart, fruit pizza getting soggy is a none issue at my house. Every time I make this healthy dessert, my family wolfs it down in no time.
The gluten free pizza crust can be made ahead, but the whole dessert is best assembled right before eating, so that the fruits and yogurt are fresh. The fruit pizza may get soggy as it sits.
How to store vegan fruit pizza
How long will fruit pizza keep? The baked pizza crust can be stored in the refrigerator for a week. The assembled pizza should be eaten within 2 days. Store leftovers in the fridge.
Can you freeze gluten free dessert pizza?
The baked sugar-free fruit pizza crust can be frozen for 1-2 months. Just don’t assemble the dessert pizza until you’re ready to serve. The yogurt and fruit layers are best fresh. And, since it only takes a few minutes to make this, making it fresh is easy even when you’re short on time.
More healthy treats
If you like these fresh fruit pizza, you might also enjoy some of our other healthy dessert recipes:
- healthy blueberry muffins
- fudgy almond flour brownies
- 4 ingredient peanut butter cookies
- no bake energy balls
- low carb cheesecake bites
- oatmeal banana breakfast cookies
- gluten-free cranberry bliss bars
- vegan apple hand pies
Tools to make healthy dessert pizza
Tap the links below to shop the items I used to make this healthy dessert.
- nonstick baking sheet – This cookie sheets is very useful for baking and I use it quite often.
- parchment/baking paper – Baking paper is a must for these to ensure the crust doesn’t stick.
Over to you
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.