These fall food gift ideas are packed full of delicious autumn flavours and are perfect for a fall gift basket. The easy food gifts recipes include cookies, muffins, syrup, energy bites, pumpkin puree and a DIY pumpkin pie spice blend.
The healthy homemade food gifts include options for vegan, gluten-free, keto and paleo so everyone can enjoy these edible gifts. Plus, you learn tips for packing your treats and get free printable labels and gift tags for gift wrapping and decorating your homemade food gifts.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
6 Fall Food Gift Ideas – Homemade Pumpkin Spice Gifts
Tis the season of pumpkin spice everything and I would never complain about having to eat pumpkin spice treats every day! We’ve been sharing pumpkin recipes all month long, and today we talk about how we can use these healthy homemade food gifts to create a delicious fall food gift basket! And the best part? These fall gifts can be made quickly without a lot of fuss.
These 6 pumpkin spice gifts make amazing additions for a fall gift basket. I love to treat my family and friends to homemade food gifts. The following pumpkin recipes are easy to make and packed full of autumn flavours – excellent handmade food gifts for fall! One thing I know is that when you give these homemade edible gifts to a loved one, your sweet gesture will be much appreciated.
1) Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice
Anyone who gets homemade pumpkin pie spice will look forward to fall flavours all season. This warm DIY spice blend recipe adds delicious fall flavours to baking projects and seasonal desserts, from latte to cookies, cakes and muffins.
This homemade spice blend is: vegan, keto, paleo, gluten-free | great for a fall gift basket | shippable food gift | can be made in advance
2) Homemade Pumpkin Puree
Homemade pumpkin puree is a must-have autumn recipe and fall food gift ideas. The puree tastes much better than canned pumpkin and can be used to make a variety of sweet and savoury dishes.
This homemade pumpkin puree is: vegan, keto, paleo, gluten-free | great for a fall gift basket
3) DIY Pumpkin Spice Syrup
My homemade pumpkin spice syrup is the perfect gift for the pumpkin spice lover in your life. Made with real pumpkin and spices, the syrup is ready in 10 minutes and the perfect condiment to perk up your favourite fall dessert and breakfast recipes – from pancakes and waffles to coffee and pumpkin spice latte.
This DIY syrup recipe is: vegan, keto, paleo, gluten-free | great for a fall gift basket
4) Pumpkin Cookies
Sweet with a hint of spicy, these addictive pumpkin cookies are easy to love and even easier to eat. The fall-flavoured cookies recipe is made of chewy soft-baked vegan pumpkin cookies seasoned with pumpkin pie spice.
The recipe is for iced pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting, which is perfect for putting the cookies on a plate and bringing it to your neighbour next door or as a hostess gift. Uniced cookies are excellent food gifts to send.
Homemade pumpkin cookies are: vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free | good for a fall gift basket | great food gift to send | can be made in advance
5) Pumpkin Energy Balls
These delicious pumpkin energy balls should come with a warning: once you start eating, you won’t be able to stop! Made with canned pumpkin and pumpkin spice, this easy vegan energy ball recipe is healthy and delicious. The pumpkin balls taste like a mix of pumpkin pie, pumpkin donut holes and pumpkin cake bites.
I like to store energy bites in the freezer to have something whenever I need a tasty last-minute gift.
This gourmet snack gift is: vegan, paleo, gluten-free | great for a fall gift basket | edible gift for delivery | can be made in advance
6) Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Healthy pumpkin muffins are another baked goods gift idea. They are already a delectable autumn breakfast idea, and also make tasty food gifts. The muffins are moist, full of delicious fall flavors, and so simple – only 1 bowl and 10 minutes prep time needed.
This DIY food gift idea is: vegan, gluten-free, refined sugar-free | great for a DIY fall gift basket ideas
How to package edible gifts
Now that we made some delicious gourmet food gift ideas, let’s look at a few tips on how to package food gifts.
A carton take-out box can work when you hand over soft food, like the energy bites, in person, but when you plan to send the food gift via mail use a sturdy plastic container or glass jar to prevent the food from being squished. An airtight container also protects baked goods, like muffins or cookies, from drying out.
When packaging liquids, like homemade syrup, be sure to choose a container or bottle that can be closed tightly to avoid leakage or spilling.
And finally, when mailing food gifts use lots of bubble wrap, air pillows, and Styrofoam packaging peanuts to protect your goods from breaking while on route. Crinkled kraft paper or old newspaper are plastic-free options.
Jars for food gifts
Whether you need a hostess gift, visit a friend, or want to say thank you to someone special – delicious homemade food gifts are always a great choice. Here are a few food gift packaging ideas:
- large glass jar with lid – This beautiful glass jar is a lovely present in its own right. Filled with cookies or muffins, it becomes a gift every foodie will appreciate.
- 8-oz mason jar – The Golden Harvest mason jar from Ball is perfect to gift autumn jam, jellies, or pumpkin puree.
- 8-oz jam jars with lids – The versatile jam jars are ideal for holding cookies, spice mixes, roasted nuts, or candy.
- 4-oz quilted mason jars – The silver lid and quilted pattern gives these cute jelly jars and elegant and timeless look. One of my favourite items to package DYI gifts.
- 4 -oz clip-to jars – These small clip top jars perfect to package small gifts.
- 11-oz milk bottles – Mini milk bottles are the go-to solution to store and package liquid foods.
- 2-oz mini mason jars – I love these adorable mini mason shot jars to package dried herbs and spice mixes.
- kraft paper bakery boxes – Gorgeous bakery boxes are ideal for transporting and gifting muffins, cupcakes, or cookies. Boxes are available in different sizes: 1 muffin, 4 muffins, 6 muffins, and 12 muffins.
- food gift basket – A food basket wouldn’t be complete without a beautiful basket. I like this classic wicker picnic basket, these rattan baskets, this seagrass basket and this lovely small fabric storage basket to present edible gifts. If you have a large basket, use crinkle paper shreds as a filler.
Pretty packaging doesn’t have to be expensive though. Chances are you already have a gorgeous jar or box in your pantry just waiting to be turned into beautiful food packaging. My family eats lots of jam, and I’m always left with lovely mason jars for fall food gift ideas.
When repurposing old jars, check that the glass and lid are intact and free of mould. Then run the jars through the dishwasher or wash them with soapy water and sterilise them in the 275°F / 125°C hot oven for 10 minutes. Having clean jars is essential for how to package food gifts safely.
Decorate DIY food gifts for fall
If you are anything like me, you come up with cute ways to decorate your to-be-gifted treats. To me, autumn calls for rustic and simple but still beautiful. Think butcher’s twine, burlap, and raffia. Here are a few product ideas that help to turn your food present in a truly unique edible gift.
For an extra thoughtful touch, attach a gift tag or little note, so the recipient knows how much you care about them.
- printable gift tags – The free printable gift tags from our Prestwood Pumpkin collection are fall-themed and a great way to make your fall gifts extra special.
- kraft paper gift tags – Kraft paper gift tags are beautiful no matter the season. Their simple rustic look is perfect for autumn gifts.
Do you know more fall basket decorating ideas for a fancy gift basket or have interesting gift basket ideas? Please share and leave a comment! And for more DIY fall gift basket ideas, check out Irena’s autumn beauty hamper.
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!