Mini pancake cereal will be your new favourite weekend breakfast. See how to make tiny breakfast pancakes with 6 ingredients and less than 10 min prep! Included are 2 two easy and delicious recipes for vegan mini pancakes and sugar-free keto pancake cereal.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Healthy mini pancake cereal recipe with vegan and keto options
How fun is a big bowl of cute pancake cereal? Since you enjoyed our Dalgona coffee recipe, I thought it would be fun to share the pancake cereal trend, too. And there is a lot to love about this healthy breakfast recipe. My mini pancake recipe has a crispy outside and super soft inside. Plus, they are very easy to make.
Delicious and healthy mini pancakes? The perfect way to start the day! I know your family will love these healthy fluffy pancakes as much as mine.
What are pancake cereals?
Pancake cereal is simply a mini version of regular pancakes. These pancakes are small enough that you can serve them in a bowl and eat with a spoon. Mini pancakes have been around for a while (you may know them as silver dollar pancakes) and have recently become the latest Tik Tok food trend.
Pancake cereals are super easy to make but require a little time as you have to bake lots and lots of tiny pancakes. I’m sure your family will LOVE them as a fun weekend breakfast idea.
You can bake cereal pancakes with any pancake batter you like. So if you already have a favourite pancake batter, use it.
And if not, I have 2 delicious and healthy pancake recipes right here. One makes gluten-free vegan mini pancakes and the other sugar-free keto pancake cereal. Both versions are made with whole food ingredients, so they are all healthy.
Gluten-free vegan pancake cereal
This easy vegan pancake recipe requires only 4 ingredients and the mini pancakes come out super soft and fluffy. The batter can be made with any non-dairy milk you like. I prefer almond milk, but coconut milk or oat milk are fine as well.
Vegan pancake cereal ingredients
You need the following ingredients for vegan pancake cereal:
- gluten-free all-purpose flour
- gluten-free baking powder
- almond milk (or any other non-dairy milk)
If gluten-free is not required, use regular all-purpose flour instead.
How to make vegan mini pancake batter
The dairy and egg-free pancake batter comes together in minutes. Here is what you do:
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
Sugar-free keto pancake cereal
This low carb pancake cereal recipe is made with almond flour and eggs. The keto mini pancakes have crisp edges and a fluffy centre. Liquid stevia or this allulose blend are excellent sweetener options. You can also prepare them unsweetened.
Low carb pancake cereal ingredients
Here are the ingredients for sugar-free low carb keto pancake cereal:
- blanched almond flour
- allulose blend, you can also opt for liquid stevia)
- gluten-free baking powder
- unsweetened almond milk
How to make keto mini pancake batter
Making the keto pancake cereal batter is just two simple steps:
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until smooth. That’s it!
I wanted to keep the easy pancake recipes super simple and used only minimal ingredients. Of course, feel free to add a dash of sea salt and 1 tsp vanilla extract to either recipe.
How to make mini pancakes cereal
Now that we have a big bowl of pancake batter, let’s bake yum TikTok pancake cereal! Whether you use my vegan cereal pancake batter, the keto mini pancake batter or your own cereal pancake TikTok recipe, the cooking method is exactly the same.
- Heat the pan. Heat a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium heat and lightly grease with cooking spray or avocado oil.
- Prep the piping bag. Transfer the pancake batter into a piping bag or squeeze bottle. Twist tightly so the batter stays put. Cut off the tip of the piping bag.
Tip: Try to cut the opening as small as possible. Otherwise, too much batter will ooze out, and you won’t be able to pipe tiny pancakes. If you don’t have a piping bag, use a Ziplock bag.
- Pipe pancake cereal. Pipe small, coin-sized circles of pancake batter onto the hot pan.
Tip: If the batter is very runny, hold the piping bag sideways.
- Bake the mini pancakes cereal. Let the mini pancakes bake for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the top is set and bubbles form. Then flip the pancakes and cook for 20 to 30 seconds. Don’t bake the pancakes longer than that or they will dry out. Repeat with the reaming batter. The keto pancake needs to bake 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Tip: A heat-resistant spatula, chopsticks, or skewers are great for flipping mini pancakes.
- Serve. Keep the pancakes warm until ready to serve. Yummy!
How to serve mini pancakes cereal
You can serve mini pancakes in endless ways, pancake cereal with milk is just the beginning. They will always taste delicious! Here are some fun ideas my family loves:
- milk: For the true cereal experience, add your mini pancakes in a bowl and serve them with your non-dairy milk of choice.
- butter and syrup: Pancake cereal with a cube of butter and a generous syrup drizzle are a little more like traditional pancakes. If vegan, use maple syrup and margarine. If keto, add regular butter and sugar-free syrup.
- whipped cream or yoghurt: For an extra decadent pancake breakfast, top your mini pancakes with whipped cream or (coconut) yogurt.
- fruit, berries and chopped nuts: Another idea is to serve fresh fruit, berries and chopped nuts alongside your mini pancake dish.
- chocolate chips or sprinkles: Your kids will probably love the addition of chocolate chips or cute sprinkles.
- breakfast bowl: You can also make the mini pancakes part of a breakfast bowl or add them as a side to yogurt and fruit.
- finger food: Another idea is to lay the mini pancakes out on a big serving platter. Put a sweet dip in the middle, and you have fun pancake finger food.
Can you make mini pancakes ahead of time?
These mini breakfast pancakes taste best fresh, but you can make them ahead if you want to.
How to store mini pancakes
Store leftover tiny pancake cereal in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up 2 to 3 days.
Can you freeze pancake cereal?
Yes, mini pancakes freeze beautifully. Let them cool to room temperature and then freeze them in a zip lock bag. They can be kept frozen for up to 3 months.
How do I reheat cereal pancakes?
You can reheat frozen mini pancakes in a preheated oven for 5 minutes, in a buttered pan, or in the microwave – they will taste delicious either way!
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.