Say hello to the flavours of winter with delicious oven roasted root veggies! Cooking root vegetables in the oven makes them tender with crisp, slightly caramelized edges. Onion rings, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar highlight the sweet and earthy flavor of the veggies.
Quick oven roasted vegetables
You can choose from a wide variety of roots, such as carrots, beetroots, turnips, parsnips, celeriac, sweet potatoes or Jerusalem artichokes. Oven roasted root veggies are a great side for meat and poultry, and we also enjoy this dish as a light supper sprinkled with grated parmesan. This dish is so simple, easy and healthy, it will become your new staple!
More oven-roasted recipes to try
The following, oven-roasted recipes would make delicious additions to the these veggies:
- Maya from Wholesome Yum shows how to make delicious and crispy bacon in the oven.
- Lindsay of Shrimp Salad Circus shares a delicious baked sweet potato chips recipe.
- If you’re looking for a sheet pan meal for a special occasion, try this yum Caesar roasted fish recipe by Maria from Staying Close to Home.
- Pork is more up your ally? Then this hearty roasted pork recipe with apples from of Kristen of Slender Kitchen will do the trick.
- And how delicious taste oven-roasted vegetables with tasty and easy curry marinades? Sophie from My Dainty Soul Curry has 3 scrumptious recipe using Indian curry paste.