Vegan keto pumpkin spice latte recipe is creamy and oh-so-delicious! Learn to make easy pumpkin spice latte at home in 5 minutes. This healthy low carb coffee drink tastes yummy hot and cold. You’d never guess this vegan latte recipe is sugar free and dairy free.
Homemade vegan keto pumpkin spice latte recipe
September has just begun, and it’s already starting to feel like autumn. A vegan keto pumpkin spice latte is the perfect way to start a chilly fall morning… not that there is every bad time of the day to enjoy low carb pumpkin spice latte. Anyway, I’m excited to share my easy method of how to make pumpkin spice latte keto-friendly.
This quintessential fall drink recipe is sooo good – rich, creamy and sweet but without the sugary carbs. You won’t notice that this tasty coffee drink is a pumpkin spice latte without dairy and sugar.
I always love a good vegan latte. And when you add pumpkin spice and puree to the mix? Vegan Pumpkin spice latte heaven on earth! Starbucks has nothing on this homemade keto pumpkin spice latte.
Benefits of homemade pumpkin spice latte
So, what are some of the benefits of making a sugar-free latte from scratch vs buying pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks?
Low carb, vegan and no added sugar
I dare you to look up the ingredients for pumpkin spice latte at coffee shops. Loads of refined sugar and artificial ingredients. Not for this girl.
I like my drinks sugar free. Making dairy-free keto pumpkin recipe at home allows you to cut back on the added sugar and you know exactly what the ingredients are. Plus, I think this vegan pumpkin spice latte tastes better, too.
Cheaper than buying pumpkin spice latte
Want another benefit? My latte recipe is much cheaper than buying at a coffee shop. Coffee drinks out can add up quickly. So this low carb fall drink is healthy and saves you money, and that means you can enjoy a keto pumpkin spice latte every morning, amiright?
Pumpkin spice latte ingredients
Before we jump to the recipe, let’s talk about pumpkin spice latte ingredients. I also include a few substitution ideas, so you have options for your vegan keto pumpkin spice latte. Here are the ingredients for low carb keto pumpkin spice latte:
Coffee or espresso
To make latte, we need coffee or espresso. You can make the keto latte recipe with your favourite coffee or espresso. Mild or strong, freshly brewed or cold brew – up to you. If you want to enjoy a healthy sugar-free latte at night without a caffeine rush, use decaffeinated coffee.
Pick any dairy-free milk you like for this keto pumpkin spice latte. Unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk, soy milk, or oat milk won’t disappoint in this low carb pumpkin spice latte recipe. Just know that a higher fat-content will give you a creamier result.
Pumpkin pie spice
Although optional, I highly recommend adding a splash of vanilla extract to your skinny pumpkin spice latte. Vanilla enhances the aroma of the spices beautifully and brings out those warm fall flavours.
Whipped coconut cream
For the best ketogenic pumpkin spice latte top your drink with plenty of coconut whipped cream. Seriously, Coconut whip cream makes this vegan keto pumpkin spice latte next level decadent and delicious.
Bulletproof pumpkin spice latte
Lastly, I want to mention that you can bulletproof this keto latte recipe by adding 1 to 2 tablespoons ghee, coconut oil or your MCT oil.
How to make skinny pumpkin spice latte
Are you wondering how to make pumpkin spice latte keto-friendly? You won’t believe how easy it is to make keto-friendly pumpkin spice latte at home. We’re keeping this recipe really simple – no espresso machine required. If you happen to have an espresso maker, feel free to use it, of course. Otherwise strongly brewed coffee will work very well. Okay, let’s make healthy pumpkin spice latte!
- First, brew a cup of your favourite coffee. Or if you have an espresso maker, prepare two shots espresso.
- Next, grab a small saucepan and whisk. Add the pumpkin puree, dairy-free milk, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract and your sweetener of choice.
- Over medium heat, warm the mixture to a mild simmer, for 2 to 3 minutes. Whisk constantly and don’t bring to a boil.
- Optionally, use a milk frother to whip the mixture for a few seconds to create fluffy milk foam.
- Then, it’s as easy as pouring your brewed coffee and pumpkin milk mix into a large mug.
- Taste and adjust the sweetness to your liking.
- For an extra decadent treat, top off your homemade pumpkin spice latte with whipped coconut cream and a dusting of pumpkin pie spice. Enjoy!
For extra flavour, drizzle this sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup over your vegan latte.
And the leftover pumpkin puree and coconut whip cream? Turn them into tasty vegan pumpkin pancakes with cream!
Options for homemade pumpkin spice latte
Are you read to make vegan pumpkin spice latte? So am I! But before whip up a cup of creamy keto pumpkin spice latte, I want to share 3 options to customize my homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe. Below, I’ve included tips for making pumpkin spice latte without coffee, pumpkin spice latte without puree, and iced pumpkin spice latte.
Option 1: Pumpkin spice latte without coffee
Like your homemade pumpkin spice latte without coffee? Perhaps you try to avoid coffee or caffeinated drinks. My sister Cyna, for example, doesn’t drink any coffee at all. The good news is you can make no coffee pumpkin spice latte.
The steps are pretty much the same, we simply use more vegan milk. Here’s what you need for pumpkin spice latte without espresso or coffee:
- 1 cups / 240 ml / 8 fl oz unsweetened dairy-free milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat, soy)
- 4 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 10 to 15 stevia drops (OR 1 – 2 tbsp granular sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
The steps are pretty much the same. Cook the milk, pumpkin puree, spices and sweetener but skip the coffee or espresso.
Option 2: Pumpkin spice latte without pumpkin puree
Interestingly, Starbucks added pumpkin puree only in recent years to their famed coffee creation. So wanting to make pumpkin spice latte without puree is totally legit. Maybe you don’t have canned pumpkin at hand or putting pumpkin puree in your coffee just doesn’t seem right.
To make pumpkin spice latte without pumpkin puree, use all ingredients except the pumpkin puree and follow the instructions in the recipe box below.
Option 3: Iced pumpkin spice latte recipe
Lastly, I also want to mention iced pumpkin spice latte. It might seem a little counterintuitive to drink iced coffee in fall, but iced pumpkin spice latte is too good to pass. To make iced pumpkin spice latte, stir together the brewed coffee and pumpkin milk mix. Let cool completely. Once cold, fill a glass with crushed ice or ice cubes and pour the keto latte over the ice. Done!
What to serve with homemade pumpkin spice latte
How about some healthy pumpkin treats to enjoy with your homemade pumpkin spice latte? These almond flour brownies and our 4-ingredient peanut butter cookies include sugar-free keto options. Or try one of these healthy vegan pumpkin recipes:
- soft pumpkin cookies with cream cheese frosting
- pumpkin pie spice syrup
- fluffy pumpkin pancakes
- healthy pumpkin muffins
- no-bake pumpkin energy balls
- homemade fall food gift ideas
Vegan Keto Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 1/2 cups / 350 ml / 12 fl oz unsweetened dairy-free milk of choice (coconut, almond, oat, soy)
- 3/4 cup / 120 ml / 4 fl oz brewed coffee or 2 shots espresso
- 2 tbsp canned pumpkin
- 10 to 15 stevia drops (OR 1 - 2 tbsp granular sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, warm the dairy-free milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and sweetener to a mild simmer.
- Whisk gently and cook for 3 minutes, don’t let boil.
- Optionally, foam the mixture with a milk frother.
- Divide the brewed coffee or espresso between 2 mugs.
- Pour the pumpkin milk mixture over the coffee.
- Top each with a dollop of coconut whip cream and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, we earn from qualifying purchases.
Over to you!
Thanks so much for visiting Country Hill Cottage – we’re so happy you’re here! Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this post, please share it using the social media buttons you see next to the post.