Say goodbye to dry lips with our all-natural 4-ingredient lip balm. The base for this beauty DIY is made with hydrating shea butter and coconut oil to leave lips feeling soft and supple. Bee wax creates a silky-smooth texture, helps to stabilise the balm, and further protects lips from drying out. You can customise the lip balm with essential oils, such as peppermint, lavender, vanilla, or grapefruit. The lip balm is also a lovely and inexpensive wedding or party favour. You can easily triple or quadruple the recipe to produce larger amounts. We love to give the lip balm as Christmas gift for our girlfriends to help them battle the frosty London air during the winter months. We created pretty printable labels for gifting, which you can download at the end of the DIY.
More beauty DIYs
The Winter Rose series
This beauty DIY is part of our Winter Rose series. Have a look at the links below to for other projects of this series:
- Learn all about our Winter Rose print
- Always believe something wonderful is about to happen – Printable Quote
- DIY Tea Blend for Chilly Days
Lip Balm Recipe
- 2 1/4 tbsp / 30 g pure shea butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp / 40 g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp / 20 g beeswax
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice (e.g. peppermint, lavender, vanilla, grapefruit)
Packaging & Gift Giving
- 1 oz / 30 ml lip balm containers
- printable labels (download below)
- Add the shea butter, coconut oil, and bee wax into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave set to medium in one-minute intervals until bee wax is melted. Stir in between each interval and until perfectly blended.
- Once melted, stir 10 drops of essential oil into the mixture.
- Pour the lip balm into cosmetic pots or tins. Allow the lip balm to set, which take an hour at room temperature or 20 minutes in the fridge. Once set, the lip balm looks white and opaque.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Coconut Oil
- Shea Butter
- Beeswax Pellets 1 lb, Yellow, Pure, Natural, Cosmetic Grade, Bees Wax Pastilles, Triple Filtered, Great for DIY Projects, Lip Balms, Lotions, Candles by White Naturals
- Round Lip Balm Tin Container
- Vanilla Oleoresin
- Peppermint (30ml) 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 30ml / 1 (oz) Ounces
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Plant Therapy Grapefruit Pink Essential Oil 10 mL (1/3 oz) 100% Pure, Undiluted, Therapeutic Grade
- Healing Solutions Lemon 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 10ml
How to use the 4-ingredient lip balm
It’s best to use lip balm at room temperature. Take a small amount of lip balm and gently rub and massage it into your lips.
Storage and shelf life
Stored in airtight containers, the 4-ingredient lip balm can be kept for up to 6 months.
Print the gift labels
Print the labels on DIN A4 or letter size sticker paper or self-adhesive paper and cut out along the grey outline. Remove the backing of the paper and adhere to the designated lid or container. The labels come in different size giving you many options when choosing a pot or tin.
Free Printable Lip Balm Labels
Click on the button to download your free printable labels to decorate and gift the lip balm!
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks so much for visiting the Cottage Blog. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel so you always get our latest tutorials and videos. It’s free!
Country Hill Cottage
Share this post