Say goodbye to dry lips with our all-natural 4-ingredient lip balm!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
Easy homemade lip balm
The base for this beauty DIY is made with hydrating shea butter and coconut oil to leave lips feeling soft and supple. Bee wax creates a silky-smooth texture, helps to stabilize the balm, and further protects lips from drying out.
You can customize the lip balm with essential oils, such as peppermint, lavender, vanilla, or grapefruit. The lip balm is also a lovely and inexpensive wedding or party favor.
You can easily triple or quadruple the recipe to produce larger amounts. We love to give the lip balm as Christmas gift for our girlfriends to help them battle the frosty London air during the winter months. We created pretty printable labels for gifting, which you can download at the end of the DIY.
More beauty DIYs
If you are interested in creating homemade beauty products, check out these fun tutorials:
- Lavender Bath Salt
- DIY Liquid Hand Soap
- Lemon Sugar and Salt Body Scrub
- Extra Rich Body Butter
- Sparkly Cinnamon Body Scrub
How to use the 4-ingredient lip balm
It’s best to use lip balm at room temperature. Take a small amount of lip balm and gently rub and massage it into your lips.
Storage and shelf life
Stored in airtight containers, the 4-ingredient lip balm can be kept for up to 6 months.
Lip Balm Recipe
- 2 1/4 tbsp / 30 g pure shea butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp / 40 g coconut oil
- 2 tbsp / 20 g beeswax
- 10 drops essential oil of your choice (e.g. peppermint, lavender, vanilla, grapefruit)
Packaging & Gift Giving
- 1 oz / 30 ml lip balm containers
- printable labels (download below)
- Add the shea butter, coconut oil, and bee wax into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave set to medium in one-minute intervals until bee wax is melted. Stir in between each interval and until perfectly blended.
- Once melted, stir 10 drops of essential oil into the mixture.
- Pour the lip balm into cosmetic pots or tins. Allow the lip balm to set, which take an hour at room temperature or 20 minutes in the fridge. Once set, the lip balm looks white and opaque.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Beeswax Pellets 1 lb, Yellow, Pure, Natural, Cosmetic Grade, Bees Wax Pastilles, Triple Filtered, Great for DIY Projects, Lip Balms, Lotions, Candles by White Naturals
Round Lip Balm Tin Container
Peppermint (30ml) 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 30ml / 1 (oz) Ounces
Lavender Essential Oil
Grapefruit Essential Oil
Healing Solutions Lemon 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade Essential Oil - 10ml
Print the gift labels
Print the labels on DIN A4 or letter size sticker paper or self-adhesive paper and cut out along the grey outline. Remove the backing of the paper and adhere to the designated lid or container. The labels come in different size giving you many options when choosing a pot or tin.
Free Printable Lip Balm Labels
Click on the button to download your free printable labels to decorate and gift the lip balm!