💕🥥💕 Coconut ice is soft and chewy. The pretty pink color makes this treat perfect for Valentine’s Day – and you’ll love how quick and easy this is to make. Watch the video tutorial for the step-by-step recipe!
Let’s celebrate Valentine’s with our Key To My Heart collection. Click on the links below and discover creative DIY projects, recipes and printables.
Homemade Coconut Ice Recipe
- 250 g (2 cups) icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar
- 350 g (12 oz / 1 1/8 cups) the sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp clear vanilla extract
- 250 g (2 1/2 cups) desiccated coconut
- cooking spray, oil, or melted butter for greasing the pan
- pink food colouring
- large mixing bowl
- large spoon
- 20 cm x 20 cm (8 in x 8 in) square baking tin (pan)
- greaseproof (wax) paper
- sharp cutting knife
- cutting board
Grease a 20 cm x 20 cm (8 in x 8 in) square baking tin (pan) with cooking spray or melted butter. Layer the bottom and sides of the tin (pan) with greaseproof (wax) paper. Set aside.
2) Make the coconut mixture
Sift the icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar into a large mixing bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk and clear vanilla extract. Stir until the mixture looks smooth, and no lumps of icing (confectioners’/powdered) sugar are visible. Add the desiccated coconut and knead to combine. At this point, the mixture may seem stiff.
3) Layer and chill the coconut mixture
Add half of the coconut mixture into the prepared baking tin (pan) and press firmly into an even layer with your hands. Tint the other half with a small amount of pink food colouring. Spread and press the pink mixture over the white mixture. Chill uncovered in the fridge for three hours or overnight to set.
4) Cut the coconut ice into squares
Remove the coconut ice from the tin (pan) and cut into bitesize squares or bars.