Add summer cheer to your front door and learn how to make a lush and fragrant lavender wreath. This wreath dries beautifully and lasts for months to come. For a base, you can use either a straw, wire, or grapevine wreath. And for more summer flower arranging tutorials, check out our peony and hydrangea wreath.
One of the best parts about summer? Fresh flowers in abundance! Watch our video tutorial below to learn how to make a gorgeous lavender wreath perfect for warm days!
The English Lavender series
This recipe is part of our English Lavender series. Have a look at the links below to for more lavender inspired projects:
- Learn all about our English Lavender print
- Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives – Printable quote
- Lavender cookies and printable sleeve gift box
- Lavender tea, DIY tea bags and printable tea box
What lavender should I use?
You can make this wreath with both fresh lavender or dried lavender – the wreath will be beautiful and fragrant either way. We mixed and matched different types of English lavender and French butterfly lavender to create an interesting and varied texture. If you want to make a wreath with fresh lavender and dry it later, use mostly English lavender as English lavender tends to retain its buds and florets better than French lavender.
More flower arranging projects
If you share our love for flowers and blooms, check out these flower arranging ideas:
- Romantic Hydrangea Peony Wreath
- Colourful Summer Flower Gift Bag
- Darling Dahlia Bouquets
- Halloween Flower Pots and Drip Candles
- Cute Apple Vases
- Sparkly Winter Fairy Garden
- Romantic Hand-Tied Bouquet
- Spring Flower Arrangement in Soft Pastels
- Pretty Floral Decorating Ideas for Easter
- Gift Posy and free printable greeting cards