“Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives out when you tread on it”
This metaphorical quote, which is often linked to American author and novelist Mark Twain, gives us hope that forgiveness can turn even mistakes and wrongs into something positive. And if forgiveness had a scent, the soothing fragrance of lavender filling the air seems like a wonderful and poetic way to describe it.
To share this quote with a friend, click the image and select a social media channel. You can also download a printable version and hang it in your home or office to keep you motivated and stay positive.
More from the English Lavender Series
More inspirational quotes
Feeling inspired? Take a look at these lovely quotes for even more positive input!
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams
- A butterfly counts not months
- Look for something positive in each day
- You are lovely
- A single rose can be my garden
- Doing what you love is freedom
- There are always flowers for those who want to see them
- Happiness is not a destination, it’s a way of life
- Autumn is a second spring
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers
- Always believe something wonderful is about to happen
- No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow
- Always remember: You’re stronger than you seem
Free Printable Quote: “Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives out…”
Click on the button to download the free printable quote: “Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives out when you tread on it.”
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks so much for visiting the Cottage Blog. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more inspiring quotes and saying!
Country Hill Cottage