“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.” – Anne of Green Gables
Anne Shirley, the dreamy orphan heroine of Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery’s 1908 novel Anne of Green Gables, makes this remark reflecting on the beauty of autumn on Prince Edward Island, where the farm Green Gables is located. And going by Montgomery’s description, the farmstead seems particularly beautiful in October:
October was a beautiful month at Green Gables, when the birches in the hollow turned as golden as sunshine and the maples behind the orchard were royal crimson and the wild cherry trees along the lane put on the loveliest shades of dark red and bronzy green, while the fields sunned themselves in aftermaths.
Anne reveled in the world of color about her.
“Oh, Marilla,” she exclaimed one Saturday morning, coming dancing in with her arms full of gorgeous boughs, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it? Look at these maple branches. Don’t they give you a thrill—several thrills? I’m going to decorate my room with them.”
The Autumn Leaves at Chatsworth series
This quote is part of our Autumn Leaves at Chatsworth series. Have a look at the links below to for other projects of this series:
More inspirational quotes
Feeling inspired? Take a look at these lovely quotes for even more positive input! Or click on the image below to browse our collection free printable quotes.
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams
- A butterfly counts not months
- Look for something positive in each day
- You are lovely
- A single rose can be my garden
- Doing what you love is freedom
- There are always flowers for those who want to see them
- Happiness is not a destination, it’s a way of life
- Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives
- Autumn is a second spring
- Always believe something wonderful is about to happen
- No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow
- Always remember: You’re stronger than you seem
Free Printable Quote: “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
Click on the button to download the free printable quote: “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.”
Thanks for stopping by
Thanks so much for visiting the Cottage Blog. Have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below!
If you enjoyed this article, please share it using the social media buttons you see at the bottom of the post.
And don’t forget to follow us on Pinterest for more inspiring quotes and saying!
Country Hill Cottage