“There are always flowers for those who want to see them.“
French painter and artist Henri Matisse wrote these lines in his 1947 book Jazz, which feature a collection of his recent work and thoughts. After a surgery left him bed bound and unable to paint and sculpt, he looked for new ways to create art. Not being discouraged, he used coloured paper to create large collages that are know as cut-outs.
We imagine his encouraging words reflect this process of not giving up and instead pursuing new paths. In full, the quote says: “Happy are those who sing with all their heart, from the bottoms of their hearts. To find joy in the sky, the trees, the flowers. There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”
To share this quote with a friend, click the image and select a social media channel. You can also download a printable version and hang it in your home or office to keep you motivated and stay positive.
More from the Mary’s Rose Garden Series
This post is part of our Mary’s Rose Garden series. Have a look at the links below to for more rose inspired projects:
More inspirational quotes
Feeling inspired? Take a look at these lovely quotes for even more positive input!
- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams
- A butterfly counts not months
- Look for something positive in each day
- You are lovely
- A single rose can be my garden
- Doing what you love is freedom
- Forgiveness is the smell that lavender gives
- Autumn is a second spring
- I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers
- Always believe something wonderful is about to happen
- No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow
- Always remember: You’re stronger than you seem
Free Printable Quote: “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”
Click on the button to download the free printable quote: “There are always flowers for those who want to see them.”