Our colorful tomato arugula salad with shrimp brings the flavors of summer to the table! It’s loaded with fresh greens, a selection of mini tomatoes, topped with a mild walnut oil vinaigrette and shrimps in a spicy sour cream dressing. Sherry and hot English mustard add extra zing to the dressing, and it’s important to give the shrimp a few hours to marinate to take on the flavor. This tomato arugula salad is a great light lunch or dinner, and makes a tasty side dish for BBQ.
More tasty salad recipes
Browse our selection of scrumptious salads, bursting with healthy ingredients, delicious flavours and textures:
- Salad with honey roasted apples and beetroot
- Orange Grapefruit Salad with Goat Cheese
- Salad in a Jar with Yoghurt Herb Dressing
For the salad
- 250 g (9 oz) arugula
- 300 g (2 cups) cherry tomatoes in different colours
- 300 g (10.5 oz) shrimp, peeled and deveined
For the sour cream dressing
- 200 g sour cream
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dry sherry (Leave the sherry out if the salad is served to kids.)
- 1 tsp Hot English mustard or Dijon mustard
- a handful fresh basil washed and chopped
For the vinaigrette
- 2 tbsp walnut oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- black pepper
- Marinade the shrimp. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, sherry, mustard, and basil. Season with salt, pepper and Tabasco sauce according to your taste. Stir in the shrimp, cover with clingfilm (plastic/saran wrap) and let marinate in the fridge for 2 to 3 hours.
- Prep the vegetables. Thoroughly wash and dry the arugula and remove the stems and any wilted parts. Wash the tomatoes and cut in half or quarters. Set aside.
- Mix the vinaigrette. In a small mixing bowl, whisk the walnut oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the salad. To serve the salad, layer the arugula and tomatoes on a large serving plate. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and top with the shrimp and sour cream dressing. Sprinkle with the extra cress. Serve immediately with warm bread or baguette.
Serving tip: You can also serve the salad on individual plates.