Say thank you to guests of your wedding or party with beautiful and fragrant little bath bomb favors! These fizzy little darlings are made with coconut oil and apricot kernel oil, which both have excellent skin nourishing qualities.
DIY mini bath bombs
The recipe can easily be customized with different colors and scents. Since we chose a flower mold, we used rose and peony essential oils to scent the mixture. We also sprinkled the mold with gold glitter to make the bath bombs extra sparkly and festive.
Use the free printable gift tags provided at the end of this post to make package the favors and gift them at your event.
More beauty DIYs
If you are interested in creating homemade beauty products, check out these fun tutorials:
- Lavender Bath Salt
- 4-Ingredient Lip Balm
- DIY Liquid Hand Soap
- Lemon Sugar and Salt Body Scrub
- Extra Rich Body Butter
- Relaxing Bath Oil
- Sparkly Cinnamon Body Scrub
- Nourishing Avocado Facial Mask
- DIY Lip Duo: Lip Scrub & Lip Balm
More from the Spring at Sizergh collection
Enjoy more spring-inspired craft project, recipes and printables from The Spring at Sizergh collection. Click the links below for and shop the collection.
- No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow (Printable Quote)
- Easy Chocolate Truffles
- DIY Monogram Letters
How to use the bath bomb favours
Fill a bathtub with warm water and drop 4 – 6 bath bomb favours into the water.
Storage and shelf life
Stored in airtight containers, the bath bombs can be kept for up to 9 months at a cool place.
- 200 g (2 cups) baking soda
- 100 g (1/2 cup) citric acid
- 50 g (1/2 cup) cornflour (cornstarch)
- 50 g – 60 g (1/4 – 1/3 cup) coconut oil, melted
- 10 g (3/4 tsp) apricot kernel oil
- 20 – 30 drops essential oil or strong candy oil of your choice (Florals such as rose, peony, or lavender work well.)
- yellow food colouring or any other food colour(s) that reflect the theme/colour scheme of your party or event
- gold glitter
- kitchen scales or measuring cups and spoons
- large spoon
- large mixing bowl
- disposable rubber gloves
- silicone flower mold (The cavities of the mold we used had a diameter of approx. 3 – 4 cm / 1.2 – 1.5 in)
- Mix dry the ingredients. Add the baking soda, citric acid, and cornflour (cornstarch) into a large mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Add the oils. Add the coconut oil, apricot kernel oil, and essential or candy oil to the dry ingredients. Stir and knead until well combined. The mixture should have the look and consistency of wet sand.
- Color the mixture. Divide the mixture into two equally-sized portions and tint one portion yellow using food color.
Tip: Wear disposable rubber gloves to protect your hands from discoloration.
- Fill the silicone mold. Sprinkle the cavities of the silicone flower mold with gold glitter. Spoon the bath bomb mixture into the cavities of the silicone mold, alternating between light and yellow layers. Pack and press the mixture firmly into the mold. We simply used our thumbs to press in the mixture.
- Chill the bath bomb favors. Chill the bath bomb favors in the refrigerator for a minimum of three hours or overnight. This helps the coconut oil to harden and the bath bombs to keep their shape.
- Release. Once cold and hardened, release the favor bombs from the silicone mold. Gently pull back the silicone if the bombs seem to stick to the mold.
Print the gift tags
Print the gift tags on DIN A4 or letter size photo paper or cardstock and cut out along the grey outline. Using a single-hole puncher, punch holes into the tags and use ribbon to attach the tags to a favor.
You can also print on self-adhesive paper and use the tags as a sticker to apply on favor box. The tags and labels come in different size giving you many packaging options.
Free Printable Gift Tags & Labels
Click on the button to download your free printable “You’re the Bomb” gifts tags and labels!