More tasty salad recipes
Browse our selection of scrumptious salads, bursting with healthy ingredients, delicious flavours and textures:
- Salad with honey roasted apples and beetroot
- Orange Grapefruit Salad with Goat Cheese
- Pretzel Panzanella – Bread Salad Recipe
- Salad with Shropshire Blue, Pear and Grapes
- Salad in a Jar with Yoghurt Herb Dressing
- Tomato Arugula Salad with Shrimp
The ladies from Crowded Kitchen have a watermelon cucumber salad with strawberries and vegan feta, that is a nice variation of this recipe.
Prep Time: 30 min
Yields: 4 servings
- 1/4 seedless watermelon, peeled
- 250 g (1 2/3 cups) Sable or Concord seedless grapes
- 250 g (1 2/3 cups) yellow and orange cherry or baby tomatoes
- 125 g (4.5 oz) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp apple vinegar
- 3 tbsp grapeseed oil
- juice and zest of 1 organic unwaxed lime
- ground black pepper
- fresh mint leaves
Divide the watermelon quarter into wedges and cut each wedge into 0.5 cm (0.2 in) thick slices. Cut the grapes and cherry or baby tomatoes in half.
2) Mix the lime vinaigrette
Add the apple vinegar, grapeseed oil, lime juice and finely grated zest into a mixing bowl. Season with salt and black pepper according to your taste. Wish with a fork to until well combined.
3) Serve the melon salad
Arrange the watermelon slices, grapes and tomato halves on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with bits of mozzarella cheese and mint leaves. Drizzle with the lime vinaigrette and serve the watermelon salad right away.