Try these DIY home spa products for the perfect spa day at home! Whether you want to enjoy a spa night at home by yourself or are searching for spa night ideas with friends, the list has 90 easy home spa products you can create in the comfort of your home.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, we will earn a small commission if you click through and make a purchase. Learn more
How to have a spa day at home
Kids, work, chores and activities – we’re busy! Taking some time off for wellness and self care is important to destress and refuel. If you’re in need of relaxation or just want to get gorgeous, I have the perfect pampering idea for you: take a spa day at home!
There are lots of reasons to enjoy a spa day at home. No need to leave the house and find parking in a busy area. Plus, DIY beauty recipes are also SO much cheaper than getting expensive treatments at a day spa. Making spa necessities will help you save money, and you know exactly what’s in your homemade beauty products!
The basics: What do you need for a spay day?
What do you need for an at home spay day? It’s important to find personal time to allow your mind and body to decompress. My best tip is to plan ahead and prepare for your spa day at home. Make a list of everything you need and shop the necessary supplies beforehand.
Make time for a relaxing spay day at home
Finding time for yourself can be challenging, especially with young kids. If you plan to make a day of it, ask your partner or a friend to look after the children. But even if you only have an hour to yourself, a mini pampering session can help your mind and body feel relaxed and refreshed.
Create a spa ambiance
To make your at home spa treatment all the more relaxing, unplug from the mayhem of everyday life and turn off the computer and put your phone aside. Close the curtains or blinds, dim the light and light candles.
Put on relaxing music and treat yourself to a refreshing drink, a fruit platter, or a healthy snack. I always drink plenty of water to stay hydrated. If it’s winter, heat the room to a snug temperature, so you’re all warm and comfy.
Decide on your treatments
My list of DIY spa day at home ideas is pretty extensive, and you probably won’t need all. Focus on the areas where you want to see a difference and then choose your beauty rituals accordingly.
Also, make sure to perform the DIY spa treatments in a logical order. You don’t want to ruin a beautiful manicure by slathering on a sugar scrub afterwards.
Most importantly give yourself time to relax, lie back and soak in the experience.
90 spa day at home ideas
I have put together an extensive list that has all the spa products you need to pamper yourself and enjoy a wonderful at home spa experience. Ready? Cosy up in a fluffy bathrobe, grab that cucumber water and check out 90 spa treatments you can do at home!
DIY facial spa treatments
How do I start a spa experience at home? Stress can do a number on the face and leave you with dull, dry skin. Make the following DIY facial spa treatments part of your at home beauty routine and get that glow on!
Cleanse & exfoliate your face
Begin your at-home facial by cleansing and exfoliating all the dirt and grime out. The following DIY face cleansers and facial peelings help unclog pores, increase circulation and reduce puffiness. Take a peek!
- Gentle Face Polish – This DIY facial scrub is a four-in-one treatment: the non-comedogenic oils and butters remove makeup and moisturise the skin.
- Rose Cleansing Balm – Add a little bit of luxury to your cleansing routine with this homemade rose cleansing balm.
- Bamboo Face Scrub – This homemade facial scrub gently buffs the skin and is free of harsh exfoliants like sugar or salt.
- Cleansing Milk – This DIY cleansing milk recipe is the perfect homemade facial cleanser for dry, sensitive, and mature skin.
- Deep Cleaning Mud Recipe – This homemade natural facial cleanser cleans gently yet effectively and works great for all skin types.
- DIY Oil Cleanser – Get rid of all the grit and grime from the day with this DIY oil cleanser.
- Coconut Milk Facial Cleanser – Soap Deli News’ coconut milk facial cleanser is gentle on the skin and easy to customise.
- Rose Lip Scrub – This homemade rose lip scrub is a sweet DIY lip scrub gift and is perfect to exfoliate your lips gently.
- Strawberry Lip Scrub – This DIY strawberry lip scrub with coconut oil is perfect for exfoliating, making dry, chapped lips feel and look smooth, soft, and supple.
Skin clearing face masks
DIY face masks are one of my favourite at-home treatments, and most skin types can benefit from them. Homemade facial masks cleanse, exfoliate, nourish and strengthen the skin barrier. So, give these face mask recipes a go!
- Matcha Green Tea Face Mask – This gentle, all-natural matcha clay mask helps to cleanse and detoxify the skin, making you look radiant.
- Blue Clay Face Mask – Hydrating blue face mask recipes are a gentle at-home skin care treatment to rejuvenate dry skin.
- Brightening Pineapple Face Mask – Brighten your skin and moisturize with this DIY hydrating and brightening face mask recipe with pineapple, coconut, and clay.
- Activated Charcoal Detox Mask – This activated charcoal detox mask recipe from Soap Deli News draws out impurities, clears up blackheads and removes excess oil.
- Aloe Vera Face Mask – Get glowing skin with this easy DIY aloe vera face mask recipe with MSM. via A Life Adjacent
- Milk & Honey face Mask – Learn the benefits a milk and honey face mask has for your skin and get the 5-minute recipe by Julie Blanner!
- Brightening Sheet Mask Recipe – Brighten your skin with this easy DIY sheet mask recipe with ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. via Everything Pretty
- Anti-Aging Yogurt Face Mask – This anti-aging yogurt face mask recipe from Soap Deli News is suitable for all skin types, especially to fight the appearance of aging.
Moisturise & aftercare
After cleansing and exfoliating, be sure and follow up with a serum and moisturiser. Scroll through the list and find DIY skincare recipes that would benefit your needs best!
- Hydrating Eye Cream – This DIY hydrating eye cream for sensitive skin feels velvety and is perfect to care for the skin around the eyes.
- 4-Ingredeint Lip Balm – Say goodbye to dry lips with this all-natural 4-ingredient lip balm.
- Healing Lip Balm – This homemade natural lip balm for dry lips with coconut oil and hemp seed oil is ready in minutes.
- Rose Lip Balm – This DIY rose lip balm is made with natural ingredients and will keep your lips hydrated and healthy.
- Anti-Aging Basil Face Cream – The nourishing face cream by Consumer Queen is made with fresh basil and shea butter and perfect to pamper your skin.
- Face Serum for Glowing Skin – Using a face serum can help your skin looking calm and more even. via The Fox & She
Hair spa day at home recipes
Want to give your hair and scalp some TLC? For silky smooth locks, try one the following hair care recipes! The homemade hair treatments are perfect to cleanse the scalp, hydrate your hair, and encourage natural volume and shine. Let’s do this!
Cleanse & wash
Dull, dry and frizzy hair? Girl, bye. Try some of the following DIY hair treatments to smooth your locks, encourage shine and improve your hair’s overall appearance. Start with a scalp massage, which is incredibly relaxing and stimulates blood circulation, then continue with a natural hair mask and cleansing recipe.
- DIY Exfoliating Scalp Scrub Recipe – Get your scalp clean with this DIY exfoliating scalp scrub from Everything Pretty made with peppermint infused avocado oil.
- Growth-Stimulating Scalp Oil – This healthy scalp oil from Hello Glow is loaded with essential oils and herbal extracts to add moisture and get your locks back on track.
- Aloe vera Hair Mask – The aloev vera hair mask from Life-n-Reflection adds strength and luster to your locks.
- Deep Conditioning Hair Mask – This moisturizing DIY hair mask for dry or damaged hair by Body Unburdened is a miracle worker and uses just 3 ingredients!
- Hot Oil Hair Treatment – Everything Pretty shows how to create your own custom hot oil treatment no matter what type of hair you have.
- Rosemary Apple Cider Hair Rinse – This natural rosemary and apple cider hair rinse from Botaneri will help remove buildup and leave your hair bright, shiny, and healthy looking.
- DIY Micellar Water for Hair – If shampoo is leaving your hair and scalp feeling dry or stripped, this gentle and all-natural DIY micellar water from A Life Adjacent can help.
The aftercare products help to lock moisture and nourishment into your hair. The following hair conditioning treatments are quick to make, easy to use and to nourish dry and brittle hair from root to tip.
- Moisturizing Hair Spray – The lightweight hair moisturizer is formulated with natural ingredients that revive dry hair and provide shine and softness to brittle strands.
- DIY Leave-in Coconut Milk Conditioner Spray – You can use the spray from Hello Glow as a leave in conditioner to thicken strands and provide volume without making hair greasy.
- DIY Hair Growth Spray – This hair growth spray from Our Oily House is the perfect solution for thinning hair or someone who is simply trying to strengthen her hair.
- Detangler Spray – This DIY detangler spray is easy to make and has marshmallow root infused oil for slip for easier brushing. via Everything Pretty
- DIY Anti Frizz Spray – These all-natural dry hair repair spray will have your hair looking smooth, shiny and back to life in no time. via Hello Glow
Bath & body spa day at home ideas
More good DIY spa recipes coming your way! There are tons of body treatments, from sugar scrubs to bath bombs and massage oil, that you can do in the comfort of your own home. Many of these recipes also make lovely DIY sap gifts that your friends and family will appreciate!
The key to glowing skin is exfoliation. Body scrubs or polishes exfoliate your skin, remove dead skin cells and slough off hard and flaky skin, making it feeling soft and smooth. A scrub can also improve circulation, help to fight cellulite and improve your skin tone.
- Sugar Soap Scrub Bar – You can use this lovely homemade scrub bar on your entire body, and you get a three-in-one spa treatment.
- Sea Salt Scrub – This sea salt body scrub with blue algea is perfect to polish and re-mineralise your skin.
- Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub – Homemade Pink Lemonade Sugar Scrub from Suburban Simplicity is an easy DIY to pamper yourself or give as a lovely gift.
- Brown Sugar Scrub – This DIY brown sugar scrub from Crayons and Cravings is easy to make with just 3 all-natural ingredients!
- Honey Citrus Body Scrub – Exfoliate a d soften your skin with this simple, delightful body scrub by Measuring Flower.
- Mint Chocolate Sugar Scrub – This mint chocolate sugar scrub by Shrimp Salad Circus is good enough to eat! Whip up a batch with ingredients right from your pantry.
- Lemon Sugar Scrub – This fragrant, homemade sugar scrub from Brown Thumb Mama gently exfoliates while it moisturizes your skin.
- Flower Sugar Scrub Cubes – Pamper yourself and make a batch of these essential oil sugar scrub cubes from The Farm Girl Gabs.
- Vanilla Peppermint Coffee Scrub – This Vanilla Peppermint Coffee Sugar Scrub is the ultimate get-up-and-go treat. via Busy Being Jennifer
Take a bath
Nothing is more relaxing than a warm bath! Below you’ll find a wide array of fragrant and restorative homemade bath products to make your bathing experience all the more effective and enjoyable. And there are so many wonderful options to choose from, including milk baths, herbal aromatherapy baths, and regenerating mineral salt baths.
Bath Soaks & Tub Teas
- Black Lava Bath Salts – DIY Hawaiian black lava bath salts are a treat for all senses and perfect to relieve stress and tension.
- Happiness Bath Salts – Total Wellness Choices shows how to make DIY bath salts without Epsom salts for yourself or to give as a gift.
- Bath Salts for Sore Muscles – This easy bath salts recipe from Unsophisticook is made with magnesium flakes to help with muscle soreness recovery after a hard workout.
- Lavender Chamomile Tub Tea – This lavender chamomile tub tea by Everything Pretty uses herbs and essential oils to naturally relieve dry skin.
- Floral Bath Salts – A Life Adjacent shares 3 floral bath salts recipes — relaxing eucalyptus rose, uplifting calendula citrus with safflowers, or soothing lavender.
- Fizzy Lavender Bath Salts – Soothe the body and mind with a soak in these super easy DIY fizzy lavender bath salts from Homespun Seasonal Living.
- Activated Charcoal Bath Soak – This 5-minute easy activated charcoal bath will have you glowing and relaxed!
Milk Baths, Bath Oils & Melts
- Relaxing Bath Oil – Soothe away the cares of the day with a relaxing bath oil that evokes the feeling of a refreshing walk through the forest.
- Rose Bath Melts – This homemade beauty product infuses the water with nourishing oils and butters that moisturise your skin while you relax in the tub.
- Simple Bath Oil Recipe – If you are looking for a simple and easy to make DIY bath oil, try this recipe from Total Wellness Choices.
- Coconut Milk Bath – This silky smooth coconut milk bath from Tweak and Tinker will you think of Cleopatra, it’s so luxurious!
- DIY Milk and Honey Floral Bath Soak – This DIY milk and honey floral bath soak by A Life Adjacent is moisturizing, soothing and incredibly appealing to the senses.
- Lavender Bath Melts – Relax in a bath with the soothing scent of lavender! This DIY beauty recipe for Lavender Bath Melts from Simply Stacie is only three ingredients and makes a wonderful gift.
- Milk & Honey Bath Bombs – Enjoy a hydrating and relaxing bath with these DIY moisturising bath bombs.
- Himalayan Salt Bath Bombs – These easy DIY Himalayan salt bath bombs are a true wellness treat.
- Eucalyptus Bath Bombs – This homemade eucalyptus bath bombs recipe takes just 20 minutes and is very relaxing, perfect for at-home wellness.
- Relaxing Aromatherapy Bath Bombs – Soothing essential oils calm your mind, relieve stress, and create a spa-worthy bath ritual to unwind.
- Floral Bath Creamers – Homemade bath creamers are a mix of fizzy bath bombs and nourishing bath melts.
- Lavender Bubble Scoops – Pamper yourself with DIY lavender bubble bath bar scoops that turn bath time into a spa-like experience.
- Anxiety Reducing Bath Bombs – This anxiety reducing bath Bomb recipe by Conservamom will help you get recharged for what’s ahead.
- Lemon & Coconut Bath Bombs – These lemon and coconut bath bombs from Simply Beyond Herbs will tone, regenerate and rejuvenate your skin.
If you though a bathtub is needed to enjoy a spa day at home, guess again. Whether you don’t have a tub or just want a quick wellness treat, hop in the shower and try these shower aromatherapy ideas that will refresh your mind and body!
- Wellness Shower Melts – Enjoy the benefits of shower aromatherapy with 3 easy DIY shower melts for health and wellness!
- Aromatherapy Shower Sprays – Use the shower sprays from Hello Glow in the shower where the oils can mix with the steam and create a relaxing steam room effect.
- Aromatherapy Shower Steamers – These aromatherapy shower steamers are perfect to create an at-home spa experience in the comfort of your bathroom.
Body butters, creams & lotions
Restore your skin’s radiance with a rich body butter or silky lotion that will leave your skin replenished and hydrated. No unpronounceable ingredients are found in these natural skin care recipes. Check it out!
- Body Lotion for Dry Skin – The moisturizer feels velvety and is perfect to keep your skin soft and supple.
- Rose Lotion Bars – Don’t be surprised if DIY essential oil lotion bars becomes a staple in your natural skincare routine.
- Whipped Coconut Oil Lotion – Deeply moisturize your skin with this simple whipped coconut oil lotion from Get Green Be Well.
If you enjoy a couple’s spa day at home with your partner, you can treat each other to a massage. Massages are beneficial to ease aches and pains and leave you feeling truly reinvigorated. Here are a few homemade massage recipes that will make the experience even better!
- DIY Massage Oil – This massage oil provides the skin with deep moisture and leaves a velvety soft skin feeling. via Nourishing Joy
- Massage Candles – Massage candles melt easily and are cool enough to pour right on your skin for a soothing, spa-like treatment. via Hello Glow
- Face Massage Cream – Learn how to prepare 5 easy face massage recipes in this tutorial from Massage Gear Guru.
Homemade hand and foot care
A spay day at home is incomplete without DIY hand and foot care recipes! I’m sure your tired hands and feet could use a pick-me-up and tender loving care. Read on for a bucket list of homemade foot treatments and DIY hand care recipes for the perfect at home spa experience!
- DIY Hand Mask – Improve your skin and care for your hands with a nourishing DIY hand mask!
- Oatmeal Hand Scrub – his gentle scrub exfoliates dull skin and is made with oats, sugar, Manuka honey, wheat germ oil and essential oils.
- Homemade Hand Cream – This natural homemade hand cream moisturises and revitalizes tough, dried out hands.
- DIY Cuticle Oil – Strengthen and moisturise your nails and cuticles with a nourishing DIY cuticle oil with essential oils.
- Manicure At Home – Manicures at home are both money and time savers! Gather up a few supplies and do this task at home. via Successful Homemakers
- Essential Oil Foot Bath – A homemade foot bath is a wonderful DIY spa experience! You can set up a foot bath in preparation for a mani-pedi or to soothe swollen feet.
- Lime & Mint Soak for Tired Feet – This homemade Lime and Mint Soak by Consumer Queen is so easy to make and fun to get! Perfect for an in home spa night at home.
- DIY Foot Scrub – This exfoliating great exfoliant, helping to easily remove dead skin along with any foot odor. via 4 Sons’R’Us
- Avocado Foot Mask – This avocado foot mask is great to prep for a pedicure. via April Golightly
- Nourishing Foot Balm – Perk up tired, dry feet and cracked heels with a nourishing foot balm with essential oils.