Say bye to rough, cracked feet with an all-natural foot scrub bar! This foot peeling is a real two-in-one treatment to care for dry, callous skin. The solid components of the bar exfoliate the feet and remove dead skins cells, while the oils and butter hydrate and replenish the natural lipids of your skin.
DIY foot scrub bars
The base of this homemade scrub bar is made by melting cocoa butter and bee wax – or candelilla wax if you prefer a vegan alternative. For effective moisturizing, I also added a mix of sunflower and calendula oil, but you can also prepare this DIY beauty recipe with sunflower only.
Crushed loofah sponge and cane sugar help to slough off dead skin and create a smoother appearance. As always, download pretty printable tags to label the scrub and present your friends with a thoughtful homemade beauty gift.
More DIY Beauty Recipes
If you are interested in creating homemade beauty products, check out these fun tutorials:
- Lavender Bath Salt
- 4-Ingredient Lip Balm
- DIY Liquid Hand Soap
- Lemon Sugar and Salt Body Scrub
- Extra Rich Body Butter
- Relaxing Bath Oil
- Sparkly Cinnamon Body Scrub
- Nourishing Avocado Facial Mask
- DIY Lip Duo: Lip Scrub & Lip Balm
- Bath Bomb Favours & Printable Thank You Tags
- 6 tbsp loofah sponge, crushed
- 8 tbsp cane sugar
- 20 g bee or candelilla wax pallets
- 80 g cocoa butter
- 20 ml calendula oil
- 20 ml sunflower oil
- Crush the loofah sponge. Place the loofah sponge in a plastic bag and hit with a rolling pin until crushed. You can also cut the sponge into smaller bits using sturdy scissors.
- Melt the wax and cocoa butter. Add the cocoa butter and bee or candelilla wax into a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave set to medium in one-minute intervals until bee wax is melted. Stir in between each interval and until perfectly blended.
- Pour the foot scrub bars. Stir the calendula oil, sunflower oil, crushed loofah and cane sugar to the cocoa butter wax mixture and stir to combine. Pour into the cavities of a silicone muffin tin (pan) and refrigerate until set, which takes 30 minutes to 1 hour.
How to use the homemade foot scrub bar
I recommend using the foot scrub once a week either at the end of a foot bath or in the shower. Make sure the area you want to treat is wet and then gently rub and massage with the peeling bar for 2 to 3 minutes on each foot. Follow up with a nourishing foot balm for best results.
Print the gift tags on A4 or letter photo paper or cardstock, cut out along the grey lines and use a single-hole puncher to cut a hole for threading a ribbon. Since this scrub bar is soft and oily, it’s best to use cellophane bags for storing and gift giving.
Free Printable Foot Scrub Bar Gift Tags
Click on the button to download your free printable foot scrub bar gift tags!